Silverstone motogp best views?

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by PauloHRC, Jan 20, 2018.

1. PauloHRC

PauloHRC God Like

Planning a trip to Silverstone this August to see the Moto gp, never been to silverstone before and haven't been to the gp since it was at Donnington. I'm just wondering where would be the best spot to watch from one of the grandstands? Or whether I should just go for general admission tickets and watch from one of the viewing banks?

If anyone can share their experiences of moto gp (at silverstone) and tips on what time to get there to avoid sitting in traffic etc.....think I'll be going on the saturday and sunday and getting a hotel so looking at weekend tickets!

Got to see the Doctor in action one last time in case he hangs up his boots! :)

2. raphael

raphael Elite Member

Sorry can’t reccomend a stand as I normally just get an admission ticket mate as I like to have a wonder.
    I try and get there for about 7.30 as I find the traffic a bit lighter also get to park on the concrete parking instead of the fields over the road so just have some breakfast before the free practice at 8.30 ish

• Like Like x 1
  3. PauloHRC

PauloHRC God Like

Yeah I like to have a wander round myself, will be getting there very early, not to fussed where I park but I read you have to buy a parking permit when you buy your tickets??

When you're wandering round.....where do you stop to watch the racing?? We all like to settle on a spot for the main event so that's what I was getting at??

#3 PauloHRC, Jan 20, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2018
  4. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Anywhere with Wi-Fi and then swipe to BT Sport!!

5. PauloHRC

PauloHRC God Like

Come on Nige.......I can watch Friday free practice, Saturday qualifying and all three races on Sunday on bt sport, and i do......it's moto gp heaven like never before!

But you cannot beat the whole atmosphere and the sound of the bikes.......I remember my first gp at Donnington, it was the first year of the four stroke era and there was still a few 2 strokes on the grid, the sound coming out of that RCV and them ducati's though!!!!! :eek:

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. KeepitPinned

KeepitPinned New Member

Viewed between Vale and Club... close to toilets, merchandise, bars etc. Get there early. Decent view and a big screen opposite, leaving the car parks at the end of the day almost ruined it for me..... chaos and survival of the bravest next to no traffic control from the parking. Take a camping chair and lots of $$$.... nothing is cheap.

Rossi.JPG Rossi2.png

• Like Like x 1
  7. PauloHRC

PauloHRC God Like

Was that standing on the banks I take it?? Great views and some good photo's you got there, exactly the sort of info I was after!!

You going again this year mate?

• Like Like x 1
  8. KeepitPinned

KeepitPinned New Member

Yes, standing & sitting on the grass bank. Silverstone doesn't open all the stands for the Moto GP. Not a great circuit fan but like you wanted to see Rossi race. To be honest probably not due to the parking chaos at the end of a long hot and quite tiring day. It is a spectacle worth seeing, hearing and smelling it if you've never experienced it though. Don't let what Ive said about the parking put you off. personally I still prefer the "roads"

9. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

I might consider a bus. Don't want to put too many miles on my bike!:D:D

10. KeepitPinned

KeepitPinned New Member

Viewmotogp.JPG
    Can't think of anything worse than being stuck in a bus. This pic shows the view from the spot Ive mentioned.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Lozzy

Lozzy God Like

Well at least you won't have to bother walking over to have a gander at the grid girls whilst pretending you're studying the layout of the bike ;) :D

IMG-20180202-WA0000.jpg

• Funny Funny x 3
  12. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Ah, good pic. By the way, anyone heard if bradt is going?:D:D