Small chip on front fairing

Discussion in 'Maintenance' started by Singh1000RR, May 1, 2017.

1. Singh1000RR

Singh1000RR Active Member

after a mammoth ride out yesterday I noticed that I've got a small pin head sized chip in front fairing just above headlight.

I'm notoriously fussy about the look of my bike and this had miffed me off. What's the best way of dealing with a small chip like this?

I'm looking at touch up paint but I'm a bit clumsy handed.

Any ideas to deal with this?

2. GoMotoTrip

GoMotoTrip New Member

Hi Brother,

What a pity to have a small pin head sized chip in the front fairing, I think you could try some help from your friend who is skilled in using the touch up paint for you :)

3. Cbrjay

Cbrjay Well-Known Member

Bit late now but get venture shield on it

4. bonjo

bonjo Active Member

I have been trying to found out how to get small touch up paint for the bike because of the same problem.
    There is no such a thing as invisible touching up so you will notice it; how easly, depends on size location and your ability!
    Did you know that our tarmaced roads are now below the standard of 3rd world countries thanks to poour resurfacing, repair and engineering, subsidance, potholes and most of all for us bikers all the mud and stones dragged out and deposited by commercial and farm vehicles:(

5. blake7

blake7 Active Member

Either take it to a car smart repair or buy the touch up paint from eBay etc and using a cocktail stick dab the tiniest amount in and build up till level.

• Like Like x 1
  6. hessel

hessel Member

i know what you mean....it sucks....
    mine has a small chip on the side fairing in the red part of the color scheme (tricolor).
    being a 2016 with only 6000kms on the odo it really made me sick when i noticed it.
    i do feel the paint on these bikes is somewhat easily damaged....
    i guess its almost unavoidable to keep it in perfect state if u use it every day.
    i ordered touch up paint and i am gonna have a go at it.....
    i your case i would do the same...its not as if you can f*ck it up worse now is it?