Small Screen Issue

Discussion in 'Forum Suggestions & Feedback' started by Freedom of choice, Dec 23, 2012.

1. Freedom of choice

Freedom of choice Elite Member

We have a dinky little lightweight Samsung 10" screen laptop which I brought earlier in the year on a bit of a whim but never got around to using it. Its just been sat in the cupboard until yesterday when I got it out, updated all the softwhere etc etc with a view to taking it with us on our Christmas beak. I logged into the forum and noticed the following issue. The 'Search the forum box' on the top right over laps the My Profile, Settings and more importantly the Log Out area, meaning I had to fire up another computer to log out making it useless for the forum, unless you want to remain constantly logged in ! Everything else seems to resize to suit the small screen and works fine.

Any one had this before. I checked all the screen settings and opened up other web sites and they all seem fine so it must be a forum issue, any bright ideas.

2. Freedom of choice

I am guessing that’s a no then !

3. Carl

Carl Well-Known Member

Hi David, it would be rude not to answer so I will

Sorry no I don't know.

Everyone's a comedian :)

• Like Like x 3
  4. arthurbikemad

arthurbikemad A very helpful Gent

Haha that's funny...lol

It's the screens formatting Ive seen the same on some PCs, tbh I never log out anyway no reason to that I can think of, if someone finds my lost device they can post on my part....lol They may even have something useful to say....lol

5. Freedom of choice

Thanks Arthur, seems the little lappy will be confined to the cupboard again or a new owner via Fleabay, shame as its a cracking little bit of kit.

6. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

I've seen Internet explorer do similar things to websites written on software not wholly compatible with Microsoft edicts. Have you tried other browsers, googlechrome or Firefox?

7. Rob

Rob Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi FoC.

Sorry I seem to have missed this one. I guess the laptop is on and old version of IE?

8. Haggler ®™

Haggler ®™ Active Member

Go to the bottom of the page and select "2011 style"..............had the same problem and using the old format was the only way I could sort it.

9. Freedom of choice

Thanks Guys, it’s out in the car at the moment, if it ever stops raining I will go out and get it and check out the suggestions and questions. In the mean time, thanks again for the help fellas

10. Shutty

Shutty Well-Known Member

cant you just change the internet page setting to 90% or something ??