Snetteron track days

Discussion in 'Trackdays' started by Hobey600, Mar 1, 2012.

1. Hobey600

Hobey600 Active Member

Hi guys/girlies,

Was just wondering if any of you have done any track days at snetterton. I have never done a track day before, however am using my womanly charms on Dave to not only do a few but to also get a track bike.

My question is, is snetterton a good one to start on? What is the track like? I had a look earlier and there seems to be a lot of right hand bends, well blow me, but I struggle on right handers, so asked Dave if he thought they'd let me go around the other way lol.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thank you xxx

2. garyauk

garyauk Active Member

Hi Hobey600,
    I've done lots of track days at Snetterton, but not since they added the extra part of the track. Its a good track to start with as it is very flat and thr run-off is good. And what better way than to improve your right hand skills!
    PS. there is a great track bike for sale in the "for sale section" of the site........Hint.....Hint :)

3. megawatt

megawatt Well-Known Member

I did two days at Snetterton last September. It's fantastic!!! Lovely and smooth, loadsa bends and two long straights. I'm usually at the back of the slow group , but I enjoyed every minute of it.

4. Hobey600

Hobey600 Active Member

You see that would be me, the back of the slowest group. Lol.

5. Jimbo Vills

Jimbo Vills God Like

Done it on Thursday, and think it's great to learn on, big open circuit with great visibility and run off.

Also long track so spreads everyone else out nicely.

Hate to tell you, most tracks will be mainly right handers :) but as said, great reason to practise! Go for it.

6. zeepony

zeepony Active Member

The new layout makes for a great circuit and its fine if you want to go there for your first TD.
    I would however say that its a bit of a trek for you and I would recommend going to Brands Hatch Indy circuit. Mainly because its small, easy to learn and a lot closer to you, but you still get some nice undulating corners and Paddock Hill is always a bit of fun! Its also a bit more of an "Event" going to brands as the stadium section and pits give it a nice heritage feel.

TBH, any track is good to start on, its when you start going too quick for ones own ability is when the problems start!

7. Hobey600

Hobey600 Active Member

Thanks guys, this is going to help a lot!

Xx

8. gary1966

gary1966 Active Member

Snetterton is a very good track for beginners IMO, wide track all grass run offs. As for righthanders i think theres 7 and 5 lefts. If you like lefts go to rockingham international.

9. Hobey600

Hobey600 Active Member

mmm, thanks for that Gary. will have a look at rockingham :)

xx

10. pablo

pablo Active Member

Snetterton 300 is great fun and you've got a chance to stretch the bikes legs on the straights.

Rockingham is tight and twisty and you don't feel as though you ever get a break but it's a hoot. Just be careful when booking as there's some 98db days and they're crap with the noise testing and red flagging sessions due to loud bikes...