Snetterton 300

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by Liddell98, Sep 16, 2018.

1. Liddell98

Liddell98 Active Member

Hi guys, fairly new to the racing scene but decided to enter a race at snetterton 200 next month. I booked a track day to get to know the track so I'm not entering the race blind.

The track was the full track as opposed to the 200 but I think I done ok, missed the first session with failing the noise test but eventually got on! ... just lol

I managed to do 2 mins 7 seconds and was just wondering if this was a decent time or not?

Thanks

2. Lifeofriley

Lifeofriley New Member

Hi mate 2.07 is decent considering your first time there. I've done a snetterton a few times and hit consistent 2.04s thats good race pace Apparently for rookie racers.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Liddell98

Liddell98 Active Member

Well that's good to know thanks. I'm in Scotland so only done knockhill races a couple of times but decided to venture to Snetterton next month for my final race of the season. I know the track will be smaller but if I'm doing a good time round the full track then am pretty sure I'll be fine.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Lifeofriley

Lifeofriley New Member

Yea you will be fine mate. 2.07 is decent. Let us know how you get on?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Liddell98

Liddell98 Active Member

Will do I'll let you know, thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Liddell98

Liddell98 Active Member

So got a 1st and 2nd on the Saturday last week in the gp1 cup. Went out on the Sunday and was leading, got a 1.14 lap time but on the 7th lap I high sided at the first corner off the straight .. bikes in pretty bad shape a I broke my left wrist and right pinky, but I'll be back again once I'm healed up

7. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

Good news onbthe results but sorry to hear about the off. Heal quickly.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Muffking

Muffking God Like

Ouch. As above, great result, but GWS.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Spygoat

Spygoat Well-Known Member

Awesome results for Saturday! Sorry to read about the get off. Hope you heal up quickly!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Lifeofriley

Lifeofriley New Member

Hi mate good results, i was watching! I broke my scaphoid last may at cadwell what a pain in the ass that bone is to heal. Mend well. Cheers for the update.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Liddell98

Liddell98 Active Member

Sorry for super late reply! I broke my scaphoid too, they offered me an operation but said it's 5050, so opted for the cast.. went back 6 weeks later and it was still broke but was improving. I'm self employed as an electrician so really need both hands, told the doctor this so he put me in a wrist splint and said just be careful. Was back at the hospital a couple of weeks ago and it's still not fully healed but again is improving. I don't wear the splint anymore but I can feel it sore when i put weight on it so still cautious with it, waiting on hospital getting back to me to send me for 3d scan so they can see it better, can do most things with it just can't apply weight on it while in like a press up position if that makes sense. How long did yours take to get back to normal?

Where you racing that time or just watching?

12. Lifeofriley

Lifeofriley New Member

Just watching mate. Mines only just healed took about 16months, it will never been the same again unfortunately it only takes me to knock the wrist and it hurts. Did you fracture it or clean in half?

13. Liddell98

Liddell98 Active Member

Yeah it's not a good bone to break, mines was a complete break but they said the position of it was ok.. when I went back after the cast it had started to heal but there are parts on the x ray that still have a gap. I guess just got to be careful. They spoke about an operation at first but said it could be 3-4 weeks before it happened so I decided not to go for an operation as that could be 3-4 weeks that it was healing on its own.

14. Lifeofriley

Lifeofriley New Member

Yes I was all set for operation to pin it back together but surgeon on the day changed his mind and wanted to see if it healed, luckily it did but it's prone to getting arthritis in later years. Joys of riding motorbikes lol. Shit little bone. It's along process, hope it heals well.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Liddell98

Liddell98 Active Member

Thanks! Yeah well that's it, racing motorbikes, pushing yourself to the limit, sometimes just push to much. As I say, if you don't fall off now and then, you ain't trying hard enough lol

• Agree Agree x 1