Solo carbonio - Ebay

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by tuktuk, Jun 1, 2018.

1. tuktuk

tuktuk Elite Member

They dont do many blade parts but I would avoid at all costs.

Ordered a sprocket cover from them in February as there are very few options for buying these. Plenty of good reviews etc so thought it would work out ok.

As it turns out I have just had a notification to say it has been shipped a couple days ago! This is after chasing it a few times, opening an ebay case which the seller responded to saying it would be sorted within 2 weeks. I forgot about it and the case was closed by ebay after 30 days, still no shipping. Opened another case where ebay were less than helpful basically saying speak to paypal to get a refund, I had paid via credit card with no record of it on my paypal account. They say speak to credit card but its gone on so long I no longer have that account.

Anyways, im guessing in another 2 weeks it might arrive and if its in 1 peice wont line up so money well spent :D

Im done with ebay for good!

2. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

You're not alone. I've read of some similar tragedys on the MV forum.

Quite correct about the handling route of problems through eBay/PayPal. It is a horrendous system. It will take extremely strong willpower to give them away though; they're almost a necessity of life.:(

3. tuktuk

tuktuk Elite Member

Ive had far too many annoyances with ebay though. Just this week sold an alpinestars eclipse overjacket. I only bought it this year and worn it twice. Guy reported it as damaged as the back is longer than the front... ffs its an overjacket designed for use over leathers on a motorbike o_O Explained this but still wasnt happy. I had to pay to have it posted back to me :eek:

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Sounds alright to me. If it's got 'tails' I might buy it as a dinner jacket:):). However, I have strong doubts that I would gain entry to 'society' dining. :(

5. tuktuk

tuktuk Elite Member

Sprocket cover finally arrived today... the wrong type. FFS

6. hitch

hitch Elite Member

Sods law mate...I feel your pain :(

7. tuktuk

tuktuk Elite Member

The whole point in ordering was to get this type so that I could clean the front sprocket area with minimal hassle

727-4455-1.jpg
    Instead ive got a carbon replica of the oem type which will probably snap the first time I try to take it off, if it fits in the first place :mad:

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. tuktuk

tuktuk Elite Member

Might have one made in aluminium instead.

9. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Speaking of having things made, where's @mk3golfcab ?

10. tuktuk

tuktuk Elite Member

Yeah sure he could knock some up!

As suspected, this thing is a crock of shite!

Holes lined up well but they were too small. Opening them up very gently and the thing nearly ended up in 2 pieces.

20180616_122805.jpg

20180616_123421.jpg