Spare £80,000?

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by nigelrb, Jun 4, 2019.

1. CRM

CRM Active Member

Alas not really. funnily enough i started a thread about this bike on the PB forum recently, and stated some of the highs and few lows of RC30 ownership from the last 17 or so years.
    I have dropped it a couple of times, once on a lawnmower trailer, the other time it slid in my garage and landed on my CRM250AR both times giving a few war wounds and marks - all part of its story and history and dare i say - Charm !!

I do try and keep my bikes well maintained and i do regularly service some of the high end Homolgation specials and rarities.
    Oddly the RC30 is the one i use most and maintain the least so to speak as being a well used bike it all kinda works as intended and short of regular oil and filter changes, using it takes care of the rest.

The only bike that i do tend to keep exceptionally minty and it never ever gets wet or dirty is the R7 - only because its so shockingly bad as a road bike and short of a couple of trackdays at Anglesey it wont see much action going forward. I rarely even use it on the road any more as its just so uncomfortable and extreme and not really a joy to ride. It is also the one in my collection i can see being sold in the near future once i feel i will get back what it owes me. I simply feel nothing for it unlike the older, slower, smaller Honda.

• Like Like x 3
  2. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

That's okay, because @raphael expects me to not agree with him.

We are polar opposites - but enjoy our respectful 'debates'.:)

• Like Like x 1