Sport " cough " football on tv

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Givover, Jan 8, 2014.

1. Wozza

Wozza Elite Member

I've been keeping quiet we Saints are in the smelly stuff and face another season hoping there is worse then us out there.....Hughes has already run out of ideas and the players we have bought aren't worth 5quid.....players like Yoshida....ward prowse...Jack Stephens...Romeo ...need to come back in....Austin is past his sell by date and Shane long works hard bit can't hit a barn door .....

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

Well as my team isn't in the PL no-one takes any notice :p

3. Kentblade

Kentblade God Like

Throw it out there and discuss, football don’t start and stop in the PL, unless it’s Millwall, if so go do one :cool:

4. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

Well I'm a Bristol City boy. Followed the from the heights of the old 1st Division, and 2nd before that, straight down to the bottom of the 4th and nearly to the conference.

Trouble is I can't do the 2 team thing. There are various other teams that I have liked to watch over the years due to the way they played , but never been a supporter.

Still have the occasional moments of magic like being at Anfield when we knocked Liverpool out the cup and led to the demise of Souness, and watching the League Cup run on TV last season where we beat a few PL teams including Man U before an "honourable" defeat by Man C.

Ironically it's the games with the likes of the squatters, Millwall, Baardiff, West Ham, Pompey and Millwall that I miss being at the most, people actually passionate about it and not the stale clinical feel there seems to be at games these days. Nothing like some intensity and passion in the crowd to keep you warm on a cold Tuesday night with an expensive cuppa and a luke warm pie.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Kentblade

Kentblade God Like

Get where your coming from, and nice to see someone sticking by their team thick and thin and not following the modern line of supporting the most successful team last season and someone else this season.

Still nothing better than a winter night game under lights, just a shame the lot from SE16 ain't good enough to play us twice a season, nothing like a real hatred of your opposition to get the right atmosphere going.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Wozza

Wozza Elite Member

Well had a great sleep last night while Brighton and West Ham were on.....so much for the build up of the hammers attacking three....can't stand carrrenger voice how do you stay in that role after gobbing at people....when he stands on the pitch with Sky should get booed off....

• Like Like x 1
  7. Kentblade

Kentblade God Like

Went out in Brighton and got bladdered until 3 am, can’t remember anything before that o_O

8. Spygoat

Spygoat Well-Known Member

Isn't that what it's all about though?:D

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Wozza

Wozza Elite Member

Out in Brighton and can't remember could have been fatal.....men vs boys I fear we are right in the relagation area of the table if we don't beat Newcastle I mean the Sports direct works team then we are deep in smelly stuff...

10. Wozza

Wozza Elite Member

Well we get a point against the B@B owners team down the road how they think they are the main club on the south coast dream on.....just watching Everton v palace what a load of s""""",,, I thought our crowd was dead but you can hear a pin drop standard of football poor....

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Kentblade

Kentblade God Like

As soon as I see All About Me Atkinson appointed as the ref I knew we were f**ked.

Its tough when you play 11 but when their 12th man has the whistle in his gob, its twice has hard.
    Clearly when Harry I'm Your Love Child does his usual dying swan routine and Atko buys it everytime.

Negatives, we lost, they took their chance we did not

Positives,

1. We were all over them for 70 minutes, created plenty of good chances and had them on the ropes for the last 45 minutes, just not enough quality in front of goal to take advantage.

2. They are goona win f**k all again this season.

Going to be real hard for Kane to explain to his Grandkids the only trophy in his cabinet is a WC golden boot, and when they ask where all the winners medals are kept he just dives to the floor and tells them he played for the Hotspuds..

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Kentblade

Kentblade God Like

@Wozza

Well my friend, happy with that sacking ?

13. Great Guy

Great Guy Well-Known Member

I was Man U until they went into decline. I now support Man City. Brilliant, I can’t support rubbish teams.

• Downvote Downvote x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Wozza

Wozza Elite Member

Hi Kentblade well after Sat performance I thought he would of been given the festive period then see where we were ....was good to see 2.home grown youngsters come in and given a chance ...,I think the problem was teams around us are picking up wins....he had the worst record of any saints mgr however It was good to watch his interviews as at least I could understand him....club needs to look at itself les reed head of recruitment recently got the bullet no wonder at least 5 players that cost 16million plus are out on loan and we are paying the wages ...Boufal.....Classie....carriago...spring to mind plus a goal keeper Fraser forester on 90k a wk not even near the squad.....whoever comes in needs to hit the ground running I don't think we will go down but it will be close again...

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Kentblade

Kentblade God Like

Good summary Wozza
    Questions have to be asked where all the money has gone from selling all that talent, apart of course of paying off Sparkys 3 year contract so stupidly gifted to him.

It’s a general problem of mis management in many clubs
    Was having a beer in Newcastle after the game and chatting with some Geordies about all things football and they said there’s not much difference between us and the Hammers
    I replied they are run by one pr’ck and we are run by 2, apart from that very similar really

Never know your luck maybe they will decide its time to bring in another overrated and self important dinosaur, the one and only Samuel Allerdichi, Hughes was one of his disciples, always blame everyone else and if that fails, just make the first excuse that comes into your head.

Got to agree there are 3 teams worse than you but picking up points this month really defines the rest of the season

My mate who lives offshore on the rock from Southampton jacked in his season ticket this year,
    totally depressed with the comings and going’s

You going to the game on the 27th?

#695 Kentblade, Dec 3, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Mattie660

Mattie660 Elite Member

Meanwhile, in the "Bostic Smart Adhesives League"

We lost at home, to the visitors Hythe Town 2-0

They are 3rd in the League to our 13th

They put two cracking goals past us. One cracking shot that just went in under the crossbar, and the other went round our defender and struck it with his left foot - another cracker.

We fought them to the last minute of extra time, but they were better than us. We held them to 2-0 with a few chances on the counter attack. But, we came off the field exhausted and covered in mud - a top effort.

But I noticed when leaving the ground, after the game, that they were doing a team training session, still running around in what looked like still clean kit !

• Like Like x 2
  17. Kentblade

Kentblade God Like

Yep see your boys are having a bit of a sticky time in that division this year

• Funny Funny x 2
  18. hitch

hitch Elite Member

Well as a Gooner, I am feeling more confident as the weeks pass that our owner/board has chosen the right man for the job as a replacement to AW.

Emery seems to be tactically astute, making the right changes at the right time, evident in the recent NLD.

Also cannot abide Man City, the whole situation with their money stinks and makes a mockery of how UEFA have tried to impose financial fair play.

#UTA

19. Wozza

Wozza Elite Member

Well looks like we've got some unknown Austrian manager.....8M plus to pay off MH ...not going to the hammers game Kentblade but if you decide to go do let me know but I think you have family lined up that day ...have just put sky sports on for £15 extra a month as We are on the box 3 times in Dec.......better than£40 a game....no doubt they can smell blood.....

20. Kentblade

Kentblade God Like

Sparky must be rolling around on his back counting the £ notes

Hard to see him getting a PL gig anytime soon.

Yep be there on the 27th, manic rush as I have to work 27/28, so gonna have to drive down after work and back home as in work at 7 next morning :(

• Like Like x 1