stable helmet suggestion

Discussion in 'Parts, Accessories & Clothing' started by bonjo, Sep 5, 2019.

1. bonjo

bonjo Active Member

Ended up with HJC RPH70. which I got for £250 (sportsbikeshop).
    The fit is excellent (for my head!)
    I like the drop down visor
    Even though it is a sport touring helmet, peripheral vision through the visor on extreme lean is very good
    MY only issue is the wingelets and vent openings which can create turbulence noise; despite this, it is a very quite quiet
    Even though I have taped over the offending openings, ventilation is very good I have very little fogging on my glasses and non on the visor (so far)
    I would prefer the chinstrap to be a little thicked and more woven as it is a little difficult to feel it with thegloves on
    Last but not least; it is a very stable helmet at high speed in traffic & windy conditions:)

2. Connor Parkes

Connor Parkes Active Member

I cannot believe how good my Shoei GT Air is after the HJC RPHA10+ I had before. Quiet stable, with sunvisor (actually works really well, plus you feel like a fighter pilot!)

3. tuktuk

tuktuk Elite Member

Anyone tried the new x lite? They look great and know a few on here like their helmets.

full-face-x-lite-x-803-rs-ultra-carbon-hot-lap-red.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  4. Lozzy

Lozzy God Like

A friends hubby has just bought one....he can't find fault with it and prefers it now to his Shoei.
    I tried it on its super comfy and the carbon looks amazing....beautiful lid all around

• Like Like x 1
  5. Mr_Chin_LK

Mr_Chin_LK Well-Known Member

That is one sexy helmet, but then so is that carbon x lite!

Not enough White and Blue on in for a Power Ranger like me. I do love the rear aerodynamic profiling.

I've no carbon on my bike either (it's all got to be matching innit!)

Chin

• Like Like x 1
  6. raphael

raphael Elite Member

If it’s anything like the previous carbon model I use mate then I say it’s a great lid.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. tuktuk

tuktuk Elite Member

I really want an agv pista but I'm not paying 1k for one. Vowed I'd never spend big money on a helmet again after the rx7v.

These x lite have a similar look for half the price!

8. PauloHRC

PauloHRC God Like

Recently bought a few helmets but not had chance to try them all yet. My X spirit 3 however is extremely stable at speed and fairly quiet as well. Tried out my Rpha 11 a couple of weeks ago and is right up there with the shoei for comfort looks and stability. Cannot fault any HJC I've had!!
    Screenshot_20200401_223326.jpg Screenshot_20200401_223304.jpg Screenshot_20200401_181114.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  9. PauloHRC

PauloHRC God Like

I too had been thinking about a Pista but the price tag is ridiculous..... Plus I like a bargain!! Having read some reviews on them, some say they wish they'd saved the money and bought a K1...... So that's exactly what I did. Always wanted a Rossi replica and Sports bike shop were doing these at a really good price, seriously impressed with the quality and the styling is extremely aggressive...... Of course I had to give it the the Monster decal treatment as well as some carbon..... A la Rossi ;)
    Screenshot_20200401_225152.jpg Screenshot_20200401_225117.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  10. Shutty

Shutty Well-Known Member

Im a Xlite convert. Still have a Shoei NXR after a xspirit ll, however the x803 XLite is simply a keeper. Super light carbon and fit is awesome for me.

i had a x802 and a small bit of lacquer peeled from the edge.. 3 weeks later ( and the reason i bought the Shoei as spare) they offered me a free upgrade to a 803, couldnt ask for more

similar head shape to Shoei half the price

DBC64C7B-7D98-48AE-972D-A32135ACFD5E.jpeg

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. tuktuk

tuktuk Elite Member

Crazy isn't it. Imagine dropping a 1k helmet :eek:

My mate has a k1 and loves it. Brilliant value for the money!

I shouldn't even be looking at helmets, stop posting nice helmet pics everyone :mad::p Might have a quick look at helmet city o_O

• Funny Funny x 3
  12. Philip

Philip Active Member

Just a quick question,how many years is a helmet good for before you should change it?

13. raphael

raphael Elite Member

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. tuktuk

tuktuk Elite Member

I managed to break off the little aero wing on the back of mine, are they adjustable? I'm sure they tilt? Mine just came straight off lol.

15. Selmer50mark

Selmer50mark God Like

To find it stable at speed first you have to ride Faasssstttttt :D:D:D:D:p:p:p;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. raphael

raphael Elite Member

yeah they are adjustable mate but I know now that you don’t really want to do it to many times as mine came off also.
    We aren’t selling that top end lid very well mate, are we?:D:D

• Funny Funny x 2
  17. Alan Devon

Alan Devon Active Member

Looks pretty amazing.

18. Wozza

Wozza Elite Member

As for time of lid most are 5 yrs although had my shark pro for 7 years need a new one...,like the shoei but don't want to drop 600 quid plus when I think they will update the x spirit 3 shortly as that was out in 2014... Like the pista but not 1k find Arai feels bulky and enclosed in but great and have saved me before,

19. DazK

DazK Active Member

yes they do. Had the same issue with my x lite 802rr ultra carbon. got on to helmet city and a free new one was couriered up, still in its packet as I repaired the 1st one. Total x lite convert now, the detail and quality are fantastic.