Steel Sheds

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by nigelrb, Apr 10, 2018.

1. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Rather than hijack Ramjam's shed thread, just wanting to query has anyone purchased or uses one of these or similar? http://www.asgardsss.co.uk/motorbike-storage-garage

I'm considering dismantling a smaller timber shed and erecting one of these.

Whilst I would plan to run a small heater, my concern remains with condensation. Any comments?

2. NBB

NBB Active Member

Nigel, I have one of these for my cycles and can confirm that you don’t get condensation build up in them. They’re all vented to stop that from happening.
    I’ve had mine for 6 years now and will be buying another in the next few months for the gardening equipment. Totally maintenance free also, unlike a regular shed. Maybe lube the hinges once in a while but I never have needed to yet.
    Build quality is nothing short of excellent on my opinion.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Brilliant. Thanks, NBB. That's what I was hoping to hear, but not necesarily expecting, as slaes literature is often 'distorted'! Cheers!

4. CharlieR85

CharlieR85 Elite Member

Do you ever tour Scotland on your bike Nigel..... If not why not!? If you do then make one of your stop overs Moffat, stop at a pub called The Buccleuch Arms. Out the back of his pub he has about 10 of those bike sheds to put your bike in over night. Try before you buy! :D

5. TheRamJam

TheRamJam Well-Known Member

I did consider steel sheds but I want to have a little workshop area and some sockets on the walls and lighting. I just thought mounting worktops, sockets and wall cupboards to a steel shed would be tricky. Therefore I decided on a pent style shed made from timber.

Only 1 week till the big move then I can start proper planning an construction :-0

Good luck Nigel whichever route you choose :-0

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. tuktuk

tuktuk Elite Member

I will meet you at st Marys Loch and give you a second opinion on the SP2 :D

7. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Scotland? Way beyond my 27-mile radius! Although you might recall my February trip by car to Glasgow to buy an MV.

I'm not really the distance-touring type. Enjoy the short hops, coffee, bit of a polish with the emergency cloth, then home again!:)

Sounds like a great facility you mention about the sheds. That would certainly generate return business!

8. CharlieR85

CharlieR85 Elite Member

Honestly Nigel, get yourself upto Scotland for a few nights. You won't regret it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Mmm, maybe.

Can I see these guys:

10. CharlieR85

CharlieR85 Elite Member

Singing the proclaimers in your helmet is compulsory when riding in Scotland.

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Lozzy's tried that on too. You'll get a similar answer. though not laced with my usual etiquette. :D

12. sulaco

sulaco Active Member

I lived in Scotland for a few years, and singing the Proclaimers is compulsory no matter what you're doing!!!

• Funny Funny x 1