STOLEN FIREBLADE!

Discussion in 'Forum Announcements' started by Michael McFadden, Aug 31, 2015.

1. Michael McFadden

Michael McFadden New Member

Hi please can all fellow blade and bike owners out there please have a look out for my 2006 CBR1000RR6 Fireblade in Yellow and Blue. The bike is a US import in US colour scheme. Was stolen at Silverstone Motogp race day 30 Aug 15 from Litchlake Farm Campsite right opposite the circuit. Registration is KV06FTM. This was my pride and joy until some scumbags pinched it. If you have any information contact Northants police or myself on the forum.

Attached Files:

2. red5

red5 Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear that fella....fecking scum deserve a slow painful death! :mad:

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Alblade

Alblade God Like

Nightmare - I was at Whittlebury Park camping and got a mate to bring a huge chain in his car - I guess its easy pickings for the scroates as they know folk are almost all up at the race.

Really hope it turns up.

4. Great Guy

Great Guy Well-Known Member

I will keep an eye-out for it.

5. 1000rr73

1000rr73 Active Member

Sorry to hear buddy, will keep my eyes open.

6. Alaska

Alaska New Member

Not good, will spread the word to keep eyes open

7. Michael McFadden

Thanks guys, if you could spread the word on any other social media it would be greatly appreciated.

8. danthorrr4

danthorrr4 Active Member

I stayed at this site for the weekend:eek:. Terrible news and horrible to think that scum were roaming the camp while everyone was enjoying the racing:mad:.

Will keep an eye out North of the border for you.

Also, it might help if you list the extras that were on the bike to help with identification in case they change fairings etc.?

Hope you get your bike back and I will spread the word!

9. Greco

Greco Active Member

Bastards mate...you cant even enjoy the race. I'll keep an eye down here in the south east

10. Lozzy

Lozzy God Like

Sorry to hear this I've passed the pic & details around up here

11. thezipsteruk

thezipsteruk Elite Member

This sux the big one! thats a distinctive bike ill keep my eyes peeled in my Essex/Herts region.
    Thieving scum!

12. Michael McFadden

Many thanks for the support guys, it is greatly appreciated. Please can you keep the momentum and pass on to fellow bikers in hope that we can be re-united. She was like a member of the family!

13. Peter

Peter Active Member

Sorry to hear Michael. I had my Blade stolen in 2012, during 2 days trackday at Rockingham, so I know exactly how you feel right now.
    Mine was stolen from the front of the hotel recommended by the circut (when I checked in and went to the room to drop the leathers, 10min max).

I'm sure you have already heard from the police that it is very common during race/track-days. Thieves would follow the bikes they like and wait until you're gone.
    I'm sorry to say that but after 48hours the chances to find the bike are almost nil.

14. Michael McFadden

Hi Peter thanks for posting, in your experience i guess you never saw her again, did you experience any difficulty in the insurance process. I still cant take it in

15. Peter

Peter Active Member

Indeed, I have never seen my mint 2004 HRC Blade again. According to the Police, in 48 hours the bike is disassembled to pieces and already on the ebay... or on its way to Russia, Romania or Albania '(
    I'm really sorry mate.

On the insurance, no problems whatsoever. I got the money within 2 weeks. Surprisingly they paid the (almost) fair price.
    Of course you can forget about your 'no claim bonus' (unless insured) and interestingly it is going to be treated as 'your fault'.

16. Michael McFadden

OMG, makes my stomach turn inside out. I have to send all docs, keys etc, i have protected no claims but guessin that means FA.

17. Kentblade

Kentblade God Like

My policy had protected NCB and when my Blade went walkabout in 2012, it means your policy ends at that point as its a total loss, so on getting another Blade my insurers included my full no claims then asked for £1200 premium which was £1025 more than the previous policy they sold me.

Double kick in the balls, needless to say I did not insure again with them

18. Greco

Greco Active Member

Feck me!! Double trouble

19. lexathon

lexathon Active Member

Sorry for your loss.

Just an FYI regarding insurance - you don't necessarily lose all your NCB after a theft (or any total-loss incident). I only discovered this when I renewed this year. Price was extortionate and I was trying to get it down and they asked me why I had only 1 years NCB. I told them I had a bike nicked in 2013 and they said that my 7 years NCB would have been reduced to 5 not 0. Saved me a packet this year.

Stupid me thinking that 'no claims bonus' would be for no claims huh?!

20. exuptoy

exuptoy Elite Member

I had 9+ years NCD when I binned my Gixer K3 1000. When the bike was collected and subsequently paid out, I purchased another, this time a K5. My insurance that same year continued as if nothing had happened and when the policy expired, I re-insured the Gixer and the premium was exactly the same as the previous year and I was informed that as I had protected NCD the policy was set up with the same NCD discount but I didn't accrue NCD for that 1 year only. I lost nothing!!

I was stunned. Sure someone somewhere fecked up!

Just gone elsewhere this year with the Blade and it's cost me £223 FC with Bikesure with the claim declared and 9+ years NCD still protected. Quite happy with that.

• Like Like x 1