STOLEN FIREBLADE!

Discussion in 'Forum Announcements' started by Michael McFadden, Aug 31, 2015.

1. Michael McFadden

Michael McFadden New Member

Update, still no blade and no sightings, question for anyone in the know. My insurance company are sending someone to photograpgh my property and garage as i have stated bike is locked in garage usually. The bike was taken from silverstone, my garage is in Northern Ireland, what relevance does this have? Im guessin its them tryin to explore loop holes (to avoid paying out) to prove wether i have told the truth when taking insurance policy out. Can anyone comment if this is normal procedure or not?

Thanks in advance

2. Greco

Greco Active Member

I think they are going by the book mate...they have to do it in order to cover their side and perhaps yours too. I do hope it works out well and give you something in return

3. exuptoy

exuptoy Elite Member

I had an off in 2013 and they tried to get out of paying by telling me I'd said the bike had an alarm fitted which I never did as it didn't!!!! That had no relevance whatsoever with my accident!!! Any excuse to flip you the bird!

4. red5

red5 Well-Known Member

The tosspots are looking for non disclosures, nowt to worry about as long as you haven't told porkies when you initially took out the policy. :)

5. lexathon

lexathon Active Member

Try not to take it personally. This sounds like an anti-fraud measure, and as much as we can't stand them, we need insurance companies and we need them to carry out this sort of due diligence to keep our premiums down.

Just think of it from a different perspective. How easy would it be to report your bike as stolen and then just use it on the track?

As said, unless you made a serious error when disclosing the security of the garage, you'll be fine as it's a totally legitimate claim.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. derchef

derchef Well-Known Member

got money for the white s1000 r after 4 weeks
    with old cb100r i had to wait quite 180 days...

7. Michael McFadden

Michael McFadden New Member

Thanks, apparently it is with the settlement department as of this week so hopefully an offer will be on the cards next week. Is that usually how it works

• Like Like x 1
  8. thezipsteruk

thezipsteruk Elite Member

I hope it all goes quick and smooth for you mate and you can replace with something you like.
    Cant stand insurance companies since they refused a payout on my stolen FZR600 back in the day...VERMIN!!

9. derchef

derchef Well-Known Member

i also hope , who stolen your bike gonna use that money for medicine