Stolen KTM super duke gt

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Frankblue, Jun 13, 2018.

1. Frankblue

Frankblue New Member

Just been told by a good mate that his recently bought KTM super duke gt was stolen from his work Car park today close to Manchester airport ( Manchester International office centre). I said I would post on known forums to get the word out there. Police informed but typical response !!! Reg number VU17XOO. Last seen being loaded into a blue 55 plate tranny van by 3 toe rags. Data protection forbids him seeing cctv for the details ! VIN VBKV39407HM956459 Engine number 0761617105.
    Any help greatly appreciated.

2. dainesefreak

dainesefreak Senior Member

Not good and sorry to hear that.

He needs to pop into the local plod and sweet talk the Sgt, the police can view or request the footage.

Could be worth their time as it could be a decent bust. Can't imagine this would be a one off for these lot if they're using a van.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. CharlieR85

CharlieR85 Elite Member

What has the world come to? A theft to the value of £16k and you have to sweet talk dibble to get some CCTV footage!? It boils my piss.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

It's the nonchalant attitude prevalent in many police forces. The negative bias is overwhelming because the general attitude is that: Too bad, you won't get it back and we'll never find it. With that, police merely file a report and wait for the next 'exciting' job of interviewing a shoplifter from the local Waitrose store. As DF correctly points out, footage could provide vital clues to shut down an operation that has stolen a bike not out of coincidence, but of meticulous pre-planning.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. danthorrr4

danthorrr4 Active Member

Typical, the law is suited to the dregs of society :mad:. I hope your mate gets this back, it will take a lot of luck but hopefully he gets it back.

6. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Failing that, how much will he be out-of-pocket? There's some fairly high excesses being levied on big-bike owners!:( Not to mention, of course, delays in insurance processing, and the possibility of a replacement bike not being readily available.

7. CharlieR85

CharlieR85 Elite Member

Absolute best case it's going to be a couple hundred excess and probably anything upto a couple hundred on next year's premium (regardless of protected NCB).

Have to say, that's an expensive bike to be leaving out of your sight. A crap thing to say I know but that's the way things are. Its the same with nice cars...they just draw unwanted attention to your house with people trying to nick them and you can't leave it in a carpark without it being dinged by idiots.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Frankblue

Frankblue New Member

It appears even a staff car park isn't a safe place to leave your bike. My mate now has a still of the van used to transport it away ...blue transit Reg YF55EPV three scallies lifted it despite steering lock and chain/padlock fitted. As it's a busy trading estate clearly security over vehicle access is poor !!! Seems the van is taxed, MOT'd and insured......which probably means the reg is a clone.

9. dainesefreak

dainesefreak Senior Member

When they tried to lift mine from a car park at a place I used to work, they'd nicked the van in the morning and it still hadn't been reported as stolen.

Fortunately for me I heard the alarm and they got more than they bargained for. We managed to drag the bike back out of the van, I got a great shot on one and knocked him unconscious. Another one got choked out by a lad we worked with who taught King fu and the Police managed to pick another one up as he ran down the road. Their comment was "we didn't realise how big he was until we picked him up off the floor". :D

They managed to do a £100 worth of damage to my tank, but at least it gave us a good story to tell.

• Like Like x 8
  10. CharlieR85

CharlieR85 Elite Member

Bet none of them got any sort of meaningful punishment either.