suspension

Discussion in 'Maintenance' started by 010967djg, Sep 22, 2019.

1. 010967djg

010967djg Active Member

Hi guys hope somebody can help me has anybody had there suspension set up on a rr8 for a 17 stone rider if so would they like to share the settings with me all info greatly appreciated

2. dgr

dgr Active Member

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. Shutty

Shutty Well-Known Member

Just set the sag up via a video, as a guide 40mm frt and 30mm back

Set the compression to stock and go from there. Getting the preload right will make a difference.

Personally any more than that to get right its going to need a rear spring and frt fork springs to your weight and set up professionally

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Jez

Jez Senior Member

Once you have set the static basics sag etc just give any the adjusters half a turn one way (do note which one which way ) then decide is it better or worse, If worse go the other way half turn, This seems a very simplistic way but i have tuned mine in this way.I was hoping by now someone would have come up with a unit to fit to the bike that would say what needs adjusting.
    I have told my sons mate to make one as he does the robot software at our work but these yung uns take some motivating:mad::D

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. roboticus

roboticus Active Member

they do one for mounting biking, there meant be good as well, u can hire them as there a few hundred quid

6. Black & White

Black & White Well-Known Member

I've head of mounting goats....!

7. LRJimmy

LRJimmy Active Member

Not that I want to drag this down, but go further North to the Aberdeen area and they're mounting sheep :eek::eek:

8. Jez

Jez Senior Member

I shall have to look into this, I would have assumed someone would have come up with a high tech way of setting up your bike.