Suzuki GSXR 1000 L2 well thats the 2012 crop of thous complete

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by gixerlc, Oct 25, 2011.

1. Benn The Pig

Benn The Pig Well-Known Member

I think I'd be happy to own any of the current litre bikes on the Market they are all amazing

2. gixerlc

gixerlc Active Member

yup deffo think they certainly have been hittin a bit of a platou k5 onwards for the road :)

3. Benn The Pig

You gotta remember how amazing the machines in dealerships are these days, bettering them is getting harder and harder I think to myself surely they will run out of technology soon!!!

4. gixerlc

gixerlc Active Member

totally I mean u look at the MV f3 traction control launch control quickshifter antie wheelie sorted looks digital dash top suspension LOL just under 10 grand whats next strap rockets to them LOL

5. Benn The Pig

I didn't know it had all that on it

6. gixerlc

gixerlc Active Member

yup aparrently the 10 grand one deffo has tc depends though for me if the MV dearler net can cope if there's an issue otherwise id be jumping at one haha shame they didn't have the normal one at the nec

7. Si.

Si. God Like

I was perusing the Gixxer boys forum last night, and they do indeed rate the blade highly, and quite a few admit it's a better bike. A lot think its beautiful to look at too.

They have taste, those Gixxer boys!

8. Benn The Pig

Lol those members have been kicked off for their anti GSXR ness lol

The loyalty has gone I tell ya, they tend to like them for track but at first obviously as the RR8 onwards was such a new bike and a lot of money to throw on track only the select few could afford them but now with prices dropping a little they are more and more the bike io choice as an out if the box track steed!!!

Hence I have one, the only trouble is it's to nice to put on track now lol

9. dan.1moore1

dan.1moore1 Senior Member

Every body i know who has had a GSXR have stuck with them ever since . The Loyalty to the bike is huge .. The new GSXR 600 is top of its class at the moment isn't it ?

• Like Like x 1
  10. Benn The Pig

Dan I believe it is a cracking little bike, good looking to.

Have to admit I am loyal to them
    To and never really tested anything else before buying both my K8(I had a go on an R1) and my L0.

I said before to if I'd actually test rode the blade I may not have bought the GIX as it's such an amazing bike. But I'm loyal to Honda to as this is my 3rd blade now.

Its just since my 954 none of the blades really took my fancy the RR8 had to grow on me but grow on me it did!!!

I think the GSXR thing for me was when I was younger I couldn't insure the GSXR thou do it was out of my reach but I could the blade so it was a bit of unicorn bike!!!

I love all sports bikes I'd like one of each manufacturer if I could afford it!

But for now these two will have to do I suppose. Woe is me lol!!!

• Like Like x 1
  11. gixerlc

gixerlc Active Member

yup I'd agree there Dad my dads last bike in the 80s after an lc was a big gsx 750 and hes on a gsx-r 750 k9 at the mo, I had the 600 K9 which I still regret getting rid of having said that the darn 750 L1 needs a better colourway thats for sure.

think once you ride a gixer in anger they definatley get under your skin but got to admit my blades is a love hate relationship I'm not judging it till I've sorted some more work on it.

Had a very interesting conversation with a friend of mine at my local dealer thats been riding the 600/750 L1 all year he actually thinks the 600 is the faster bike with a system on it for the roads with the close ratio box that the 750 doesn't have interesting stuff deffo going to have a go on them both and I'll report back at a grand cheaper it certainly makes sence having said that seen both the 600 for about 7 on the nose ex demo and the 750 for about 7,500 so not to bad that really compared to the new price:)

Tom

#51 gixerlc, Dec 15, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2011
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Benn The Pig

I eagerly await your update!!!

13. stevebetts

stevebetts Well-Known Member

nothing wrong with the Suzys!
    I had a K8 Hayabusa before the blades and loved it.
    Its a very underrated bike.

• Like Like x 1
  14. gixerlc

gixerlc Active Member

what always amazed me with the gixers was how easy it was to go at a pace where you would look down at your speedo and go no way haha feels like 5mph even at 70 ;) and they tend to glide right over the bumps

very intrigued bout these big piston forks hehe and the new chassis think ill end up out on the 600 the 750 and the 1000 back to back

15. Benn The Pig

New chassis on what bike???

Your right about it being smooth at speed, that said the blade is decieving!!!

16. gixerlc

gixerlc Active Member

the 750 an 600 had an all new chassis from the k9 l0 model to the L1 everything new different frame geometry and suspension 600 was pretty much a all new bike gearbox engine etc

750 got the chassis and a slightly tweaked engine

:)

Tom

17. Benn The Pig

Oh I thought u meant the GSXR 1000 for s minute

18. Alfie

Alfie Active Member

Sorry about asking people but I thought Honda had sorted the oil usage issue on the Blade? My blade is a 2010 on an 11 plate and to be honest has not burnt a drop of oil!

I have to say on the GSXR 1000 its a nice looking bike but I would not buy one since I have riden the Blade.