Tail bag & rucksack?

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by Clinton Langdon, Apr 16, 2018.

1. Clinton Langdon

Clinton Langdon Active Member

hi all,
    I was wondering if any of you have experience in riding with a tail bag and a rucksack at same time? Is there enough room, or do they tangle. I'm off to the TT for ten days, I already have a Kriega us30 and was thinking to get the r25 / r30. Not to keen on a tank bag because of straps being a plastic tank. I could add to the 30, but would prefer the rucksack for whilst off the bike (cbr1000rr6) with valuables ect.
    Many thanks
    Clint

2. Manofsteel

Manofsteel Well-Known Member

IMG_0906.JPG
    this is how I packed for last years TT for 14 nights Kriega US30 and Kriega US20 also had a Kriega R35 rucksack as well which was pretty full,it was a bit snug to say the least,hope this helps

• Like Like x 2
  3. Muffking

Muffking God Like

I was also thinking if you've got the US30 then why not just add a US20 onto it as it's kind of the point of its design.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Nigelg79

Nigelg79 Active Member

I know it’s not quite a Kriega tailpack but I had a Ventura pack with a Kriega R20 rucksack for a 10-day trip to Mugello. Once both are full there certainly wasn’t any room to sit back so I wouldn’t do it again if I could avoid. Plus having an R25 or 30 to use off the bike is quite a lot to lug about...

• Like Like x 1
  5. Mattie660

Mattie660 Elite Member

Maybe you can also post stuff ahead, and save yourself having to carry it - plenty of people do.

Also the plus side is that if you are travelling from anywhere in the UK then it is not really that far to Liverpool or Heysham - last year took about 5 hrs from Portsmouth to Heysham.

Had a roll bag and a 25 L rucksack - would not like to do a week long tour with it like that - but a blast up the road, dump all you stuff and then back again - it was ok like that. Just make sure none of it falls off, or gets caught in the wheel :D

(full camping equipment in there, and wearing a rucksack which somehow rested on top and took the weight off my shoulders)

Douglas IoM resize.jpg

• Like Like x 1