Tattoo Removal

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Benn The Pig, Feb 25, 2013.

1. Benn The Pig

Benn The Pig Well-Known Member

Was it someone on here venturing into tattoo removal ?

2. shanes

shanes Active Member

it wasnt me , it would take years

• Like Like x 2
  3. Freedom of choice

Freedom of choice Elite Member

Hi Ben, How’s it going mate, life getting a bit better for you?

I don’t know if it has been debated on here before, but yes , I have had 4 removed, I say removed, I need another session maybe two to get rid of the last faint bits, I just haven’t got around to it as you can hardly see them now.

What I would say is look around before to decide who to use, there are a lot of places that charge a fortune and the results are not good and if they don’t know what they are doing can leave scarring. The laser basically heats the ink to such a degree that the pigment dissolves and is then absorbed by the body. The black ink is the easiest to remove and certain colours like green are the most difficult.

I went with a professional tattoo artist in March but he also has a studio in Cambridge. I based my judgement on the guy being honest about all aspects of the treatment, what to expect, how many sessions he thought it would take. (It depends on the skill of the person using the laser, the quality of the original ink used, how long they have been on and everyone is different). I had a session with one of his less experienced underlings when he was off sick and the results where no where near as good plus my arm hurt for weeks afterwards.

Don’t go thinking this is a quick fix, its best to have a session then leave it for a few months to properly heal before having it done again. What I did was alternate the tattoo’s, two being done at each session, switching between the black and colour each time, That was his suggestion as it would save me money. Last time I went he charged £50 a session (2011) not dictated by the clock; he will do what was planned regardless of how long it takes.

Having seen some of his incredible tattoo work, having won prizes all over the world I felt confident he knows what he is doing and I haven’t been disappointed.

One other thing, if you think it hurts getting having them done, that’s nothing compared to how much it hurts getting them removed.

I will try and find a before and do an after photo and post up if you like.

Hope this helps, but if you want any more information Ben, just give me a call.

4. phantom

phantom Active Member

I was thinking of getting one removed to be redone
    by a better tattoo artist.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Givover

Givover God Like

If you imagine a pulse of burning venom about the size of top of a pin sizziling the skin and then times it by about 150 times per tattoo this should give you an idea and then times this by about 15 visits per tattoo yup it hurts both the skin and the pocket.I had a do of this in 1996 and after a grands worth and i could not see the end i give up .Modern methods may be better now and freedom will know .I have some before and after session photos and what you see is something like 3rd degree burns with big blisters full of watery stuff .And ps i was having 5 done at the same time one week and the other arm the next .

6. phantom

phantom Active Member

think I will leave it then and get something added to it i.e coverup

• Like Like x 1
  7. thezipsteruk

thezipsteruk Elite Member

• Like Like x 2
  8. Garyb

Garyb Moderator.
    Staff Member

They'd need a bigger Fcukin grinder than that for Benn, ain't you seen the size of him mate ;)

• Like Like x 1
  9. phantom

phantom Active Member

seen people doing it with the acid too :eek:

10. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

My riding buddy used to be my brother in law. When he divorced my sister in law and married again he wanted a tat with the previous incumbent's name removed. The NHS provided the solution. They cut out the name, stretched the skin over the hole and stitched it up, leaving the good old 'heart and dagger' with what looks like a large purple caterpillar wending it's way through the middle.

11. arthurbikemad

arthurbikemad A very helpful Gent

Are you getting GSXR1000 removed..... ;) lol

I can do removal for ya.... the arm that is :)

• Like Like x 1
  12. Benn The Pig

Benn The Pig Well-Known Member

It's not my arm lol it's a mate

13. arthurbikemad

arthurbikemad A very helpful Gent

lol, poor bloke, what's up he got a CBR1000 now....lol

14. Freedom of choice

Freedom of choice Elite Member

I thought everyone was related down your neck of the woods and tattooing names of lovers was easy work limited to Dad, Mum, sister or bother, anything else like cousin or uncle needing the tattoo artist to look it up in a dictionary first whilst counting the alphabet up to L on their fingers or taking their socks off for Uncle.