Taylor made exhaust 2012-13

Discussion in 'Parts, Accessories & Clothing' started by alec, Oct 23, 2017.

1. alec

alec Active Member

exhaust and cover £400 exhaust has had the wellding re done and been treated to prevent rust . carbon fibre cover is painted white. Would happily swap for r11 . Will take some better photos when I take it off bike tomorrow. Exhaust fits 12-13-14-15-16 cover fits 12-13 .or so i have been told .This is a loud exhaust. looks really good on bike just to loud for my early starts. Or castle combe track

Attached Files:

2. Dazzler54

Dazzler54 Member

have you found something that isn't too loud for Combe? I was told even the standard blade exhaust won't get through

3. alec

alec Active Member

no its 105db max so not tried yet . I have a standard exhaust . Don't want it on my bike . Am going to be experimenting with baffles . May have to change to a side hung not under . exhaust. Which will be a shame . If i could have that Taylor made exhaust just not so loud . Would be very happy

4. Dazzler54

Dazzler54 Member

Nightmare. I’ve taken every previous bike I’ve had to Combe obviously with full stock exhaust on but really want to take the blade and can’t.

5. alec

alec Active Member

shorely it should be ok have you tried. Who told you it won't . Would be surprised if that's right .should be 99db on stock exhaust?? I know the guy i got the bike from has taken it round castle combe track. With the Taylor made on it . Said he cheated. Not shore how.will ask him today

6. Dazzler54

Dazzler54 Member

They test differently to acu regs. It’s 105db at 3/4 max revs. Even with full stock exhausts most bikes only just scrape through. My zx636r was dead on 105!

A lot of newer bikes with the shorter exhausts won’t get through. They have a list of bikes on their website listing bikes unlikely to pass...... 08 blades onwards being one of them!

7. alec

alec Active Member

after asking about. they won't pass with standard exhaust. But there is a guy using a link pipe to put exhaust on side and using a big exhaust. Looks like a 929 standard pipe.

8. alec

alec Active Member

after talking to him again was with standard exhaust with exhaust flap pulled shut . But can't of been running very good. Shame about castle combe. Will have to do it when I get a different bike

9. Dazzler54

Dazzler54 Member

I thought about doing that...I'm only 15 mins from combe and love the circuit. Had the pleasure of racing there a few years back too.

Anyway, sorry for hijacking your for sale thread!!

10. alec

alec Active Member

what's to say sorry for.?????? Talking about motorbikes.... ????? I don't think so always happy to learn anything about blades . If your only 15min from castle combe. I am always looking for people to ride with. Seam to keep leaving them behind

11. alec

alec Active Member

a exhaust that should pass castle combe sound test . Still got a good sound.and not restricted flow

Attached Files:

12. alec

alec Active Member

don't know if I will bother getting a dino run done feels good no p or t loss . Has cut my lean angel a bit .but that can be sorted .