Temperature

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by DazzyH, Aug 19, 2016.

1. DazzyH

DazzyH New Member

Hi to all.

Its just a general question as to see if anyone has fitted a secondary fan to help with heat. As of this beautiful weather we are having the bike obviously runs hotter it's an 05 model and wondered easiest way of adding a manually controlled fan to help stop the bike trying to melt my inner thighs. I am aware that bike does run warm anyway just I am tired of having roasted pistachios if you get my drift.

2. Slimwilly

Slimwilly Member

Mine was tested last week in the heat,,following slow traffic in Folkstone , fans on , temp 108 ,parked,,ten seconds, water running from overflow pipe,,a couple cup fulls, shit I think, I am on my way to Austria....worry all night,,,,
    Anyway much later into trip,oh I checked top up,expansion tank had water,the one below seat,its ok,, when in a hotter climate , temp on stelvio pass goes to 110 , fans on and no issues at all, it will get hot, you have to get used to it or buy a moped.

3. auag

auag Active Member

I agree, mine's an RR7 and the first time it went hot it really scared me.
    They're not like cars, there's a big lag between the measured temp and the reaction.
    Mine will potter on the motorway at 83 and then if forced to filter it rockets, went to 111 once.
    The radiator is small considering it sits in an obstructed flow.
    I just assume Honda are too smart to have missed this.