Test Ride booked for......

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by thezipsteruk, Feb 17, 2016.

1. thezipsteruk

thezipsteruk Elite Member

.... I hope I don't get instantly banned for this?

I have a test ride booked on a Triumph Tiger 800 tomorrow afternoon.
    All of you who know my history with fireblades will probably agree that something that goes through deep water might be good for me.

Ive always fancied the idea of owning a Triumph and the insurance company haven't agreed enough of a payout on my stolen fireblade for me to replace with the same or better, so I started to look at something more suited to my ageing carcuss and aching limbs but that still might raise a smile but stay in budget.

Dont suppose any of you have, but does anyone have any info or experience on these at all.
    Cheers people
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/391288220035?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

2. sp1n99

sp1n99 Active Member

I had one for a year in 2013.
    Really good bike if it's your thing, comfortable, tractable and economical. You could spend hours on it, I did, Heysham to Poole through the night on the way back from the TT.
    The only thing was......the buffeting from the screen was really annoying ( I had the adjustable screen ) and the front brake was pants after the brembos on my previous bike.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Jimbo Vills

Jimbo Vills God Like

675 might tick the boxes mate, and great fun too?

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Mattie660

Mattie660 Elite Member

I had one, 2011 model I think. Rode it all over the place - went up to Norway on it, German Autobahn, did about 13,000 miles on it.

Pretty quick, sounds lovely, runs a bit hot but no issue. Looking at the bug strikes on my helmet and jacket the tops of the shoulders and helmet had the bug strikes, showing where the airflow was striking. I thought it much better than the V-Strom, as the helmet was in clean air.

It is not in ZZR league for high speed touring. In Germany I made excursions into the 100 mph mark with luggage, but soon eased it off again. Was not the kind of bike for 100 mph touring, although very competent at your normal touring speeds.

Put small Givi side cases on it, and was ideal for everyday use. Easy to ride, small side cases left on it all the time meant you could carry stuff.

Reason for selling it. Mine was a bit clackity, like clackity tappet sound, that annoyed me a bit and moved up to the new VFR. Would have bought a Speed Triple if was any good at carrying luggage.

Enjoyed my time with the Triumph -

[​IMG]

5. Ian E

Ian E Active Member

#5 Ian E, Feb 17, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Stevie_d

Stevie_d Senior Member

Liking street triple 675 & new Mt10

7. sinewave

sinewave God Like

MT10 Zippy!

MT10.jpg

8. Stevie_d

Stevie_d Senior Member

I like them

9. sps170373

sps170373 Moderator
    Staff Member

Second hand speed triple R would be my choice if going for a trumpet

10. thezipsteruk

thezipsteruk Elite Member

Cheers Guys, I have to admit I did like the look of the street triple, But by heck that lil Tiger is a lot of fun through the country lanes.
    It was like riding an armchair compared to the blade. Enjoyed the test ride a lot but will be giving it some thought whilst I wait for the insurance to get their act together.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Nigelg79

Nigelg79 Active Member

Beemer S1000XR??
    Out of budget accepted!

12. Nytol

Nytol Active Member

I have a KLV1000, and to begin with it is great, nice and comfy, but after about 90 minutes, with all the pressure on your arse, it starts to get very uncomfortable.

The Blade has a big edge in the comfort department due to the ability to change position, let the wind take some of your weight etc.

Just something to keep in mind, as if I'm going to be riding for more than 2hrs, I'll want to take the Blade.