Thank's son

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by DazzyH, Feb 19, 2017.

1. DazzyH

DazzyH New Member

On the subject of disrupted plans. Who else has had there long awaited first ride out dashed by there young ones. Getting to the point, my children always visit their grandparents on a Sunday leaving me to do as I wish for a mere 6 hours or so. Seeing as I'm not a television person and all my manly jobs on the house are completed, I cleaned the bike down yesterday being enthusiastic I even got the old toothbrush out to get into those awkward spaces. It started as a great day dry conditions. The kids even slept in a little longer. missus was at work. Anyway the two girls dashed out of the car running in to nan and grandads, turned around son just looked glaringly at me.

"What's a matter Oscar" I say to which he replied " if you am going on your bike, I'm going on mine.."

He has a little POLINI GRC-RSR for people's interest.

After a heated debate trying to get him to get out the car without force and a lot of restraint from me asphyxiating him. I took him home wiping my tears from my cheeks, deciding as a good parent. I'll take him out on his bike. You could imagine my mental state when I loaded his bike in van all his gear ready.

"I DON'T WANT TO GO, I'm watching Horton hears a who.

Let's just say. His young legs had the better of me as we had a stand off like a starving lions sizing up its prey and a gazelle ready to run. Leaving a scorch mark up the stair carpet as he disappeared.

Sorry for long windedness just the missus laughed and I needed to burden someone with my sorrow. I almost believe I wept as I rolled the bike back in garage as I know I've not got another opportunity for at least a few weeks to get out due to commitments. Am I the only one who has had their day destroyed in something like this

2. sps170373

sps170373 Moderator
    Staff Member

Ah the joys of having children or so I'm told!

Don't have that problem :D but feel your pain, last year for me seemed to be when I was on shift working it was sunny, when off shift pissing with rain

3. raphael

raphael Elite Member

been there and feel your pain mate! thats one reason i started to use it to commute on as i just couldn't find the time to get out on it

4. DazzyH

DazzyH New Member

Seriously contemplating converting to track bike and buying a cheap run around last year I think I was out less than a dozen times