thats mine garaged till spring!!

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by alexg56, Oct 4, 2012.

1. alexg56

alexg56 Active Member

not through choice really. had a wee run a few weeks back, parked it up in garage, a few days later when i,m back down south missus texts me a photo of rear tyre flat as a pancake:(. just had a look and its knackered. was going to replace both with bt023s but dont really see the point as due to work and holidays will only be at home for about 4 days between now and xmas:(. seems a better idea to leave it till i can make good use of new rubber. giving the hours i,m working should be able to add a few goodies over the winter anyway. i know i,ll be well pissed off if we get some decent days on the odd weekend i,m home though. roll on spring!!!

2. Nutty Tart

Nutty Tart Well-Known Member

I was gonna be rude from reading the title about you being nesh ;) .... but I can see your point with so little time from work

3. alexg56

alexg56 Active Member

aye well i was going to get new tyres then my wife pointed out what a waste of money it would be. takes a woman to think logically as i usually just steam in and buy stuff:D

4. Nutty Tart

Sound thinking from the Mrs ..'till it's another pair of shoes :p

5. alexg56

alexg56 Active Member

:D haha! sadly when it comes to spending money on clothes were as bad as each other, just outspent her in rhodes!:rolleyes:

6. Nutty Tart

That would take some doing .... :D

7. ColinBR

ColinBR God Like

Shame as it's to be pretty good this weekend mate. I'll be out both Saturday and Sunday.

Need to make the most of what's left of the weather up here. Had to scrape the fookin car this morning and seen the first gritter last night :(

#7 ColinBR, Oct 4, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2012
  8. arthurbikemad

arthurbikemad A very helpful Gent

Just fitted some heated grips to the TDM a first for my own bike, fingers will be toast over winter for me...lol

9. alexg56

alexg56 Active Member

aye its a real downer when its sunny here now.:mad thing is i have so much to do just now i would only get out for an hour or so. sometimes i just cant be bothered when i have limited time, just end up riding the same roads i,ve covered so many times. hopefully next year if i,m back working at home i can put in loads more miles. in 2010 i was working in fife and would regularly get a 200/300 mile run on fridays as we finish at lunch. at least as i,m earning decent money i will be able to spend a wee bit on some new parts, looling at fitting a gear selector and some engine protection for next year.