The BBC has suspended Top Gear host Jeremy Clarkson "following a fracas" with a producer.

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Beckers, Mar 10, 2015.

1. Beckers

Beckers Elite Member

2. madmac

madmac Well-Known Member

Oh dear...He is a bit of a liability isn't he? Hard to imagine TopGear without him tho....

3. IcarusGreen

IcarusGreen Elite Member

How to kill off one of their top programs...

chances are that he deserved the suspension but hopefully it won't be permanent.

4. Muffking

Muffking God Like

But to spite him by postponing the airing of a show they've already filmed!!!!!!!
    Talk about cutting your nose off............ All they've done is piss off the license paying public who actually want to see the show.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

So who "owns" Top Gear? Is it a BBC brand or a separate company which could move to another channel?

6. Shane_L

Shane_L Member

They do the audience filming on the Wednesday before they air it on Sunday. I've been to it before. So they wouldn't of filmed any of the stuff inside the hanger yet. All the stig tests and all that stuff with be done.

7. Muffking

Muffking God Like

Damn. I suppose it would be out of the bag if they had already filmed that bit too :(

8. Colonel_Klinck

Colonel_Klinck New Member

Rumours going around he laid a producer out. Could just be gossip but if true I can't see how he can come back from that. Can't stand the prick but then I don't watch TG so makes no difference to me.

9. Great Guy

Great Guy Well-Known Member

I dislike the guy and the programme. Lets hope he is sacked.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Philhasasti

Philhasasti Active Member

Gutted. I think Jezza is awesome.
    He says what he thinks, none of this PC crap were bombarded with these days.
    topgear would just not be the same without him.

11. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

From what I have read Clarkson and producer owns 50% of it.

I don't know all the facts But I know I enjoy top gear and it will be missed. Not everyone like it but a lot do

12. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

Looks like Top Gear is owned by the BBC as they bought out the 50% owned by Clarkson and his Producer mate. Wonder if they are willing to let it go?

13. shackbleep

shackbleep New Member

Current series of top gear has been dire. Unless it picks up, I'd be happy if it never comes back.

• Like Like x 4
  14. madmac

madmac Well-Known Member

It ain't as bad as Fifth Gear. Remember that? Well it's still going. The new series has just started on the History channel, after tumbling down the channel list in the last few series. The first show of this series saw them testing a Ferrari and an Aston for their suitability as a Monaco GT cruiser. So where did they film that? Rockingham near Leicester obviously. Next they "tested" the new Renault Twingo by opening the doors and driving around some cones in a car park. It's embarrassinglying dire...

TopGear hasn't been a car show for a few years. It pure entertainment and Clarkson is a big part of that. If TopGear is axed I reckon it will be instantly picked up by one of the other channels including the 3 presenters. A show that big is TV gold to producers and advertisers.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. arthurbikemad

arthurbikemad A very helpful Gent

JC is a bell, if he held his breath for long enough he'd look even more like a #enis, I can poke up with him sometimes, but then I am a bike guy ;) This whole bad boy thing is nothing more than a BBC PR stunt, and it works as its on tin town radio this morning.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. BoroRich

BoroRich Elite Member

This this this ^^^^

First thing I thought when I saw it. It's classic Top Gear spin.

99% of what you see on there is utter bullsh*t. All smoke and mirrors for the cameras. Same goes for most of the off-screen antics. All designed to pique people's interest.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Kentblade

Kentblade God Like

I see 300000 peeps have signed a petition over Clarkson and TG to be put back on Sunday.

So that leaves about 57.5 million of us in the UK who could not give a flying feck over the obnoxious tosser then.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Carl

Carl Well-Known Member

I appriciate individuals opinion will be spit on this but TG is worth too much to the BBC and I'm sure they will therefore patch it up, for me, I will start watching the program again only when Clarkson has gone, he has become a self possessed dick head in recent years and I stopped watching the program because of him, but that's just me and I know there are millions that love him and I respect their view.

• Like Like x 1
  19. dave d

dave d Elite Member

Get shut hes a complete tosser......now I know a chap who will be looking for work after June Guy Martin!
    Good swap I reckon he will nail it!

• Like Like x 2
  20. BoroRich

BoroRich Elite Member

As much as I like Guy he's nowhere near quick-witted enough to handle that gig. He's a perfect fit for some programmes but not Top Gear, IMHO.

• Agree Agree x 4