The PB Blade

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by CRM, Aug 5, 2019.

1. Selmer50mark

Selmer50mark God Like

2. Selmer50mark

Selmer50mark God Like

3. Gravel trap

Gravel trap Senior Member

It's arkx I wanted to see finished!

4. CRM

CRM Active Member

Erm . . . what ?

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Gravel trap

Project ar kx was a pb great that never got finished Chris paid a homage to it with his mito project. Idea was an ar125 with a kx 125 lump in it. The glory days of John Robinson and Forsyth.

6. CRM

CRM Active Member

ah bloody hell yes - i forgot about that

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Gravel trap

As a kid at school at the time the thought of a rocket quick ar blew my tiny mind . It got me taking a die grinder to my mb5 ports desperate to get faster through my own hands. One wrecked barrel later and I had a quicker ped. Long live pb project bikes the things they inspire fools to do is priceless .

8. CRM

CRM Active Member

Well, i finally got to take this beast out on track over at Anglesey earlier this week - and all i can say is f*ck me
    I have never ridden anything so angry and mad as this bike. constant wheelies in second and third down both end of the tom price straight much to the amusement of Jenny and Whitham, i was just hanging on for dear life and far from in control.
    I wager that Rutter had this covered with ease while i was just petrified of it and along for the ride.
    Anyway it was a hoot to ride, a couple of folk recognised it and were surprised at the level of detail and work done which when you start looking around it comes to light.

its ticked a box for me, but i suspect it will be for sale before next summer to one of other PB guys who fancy trying their hand to tame this thing
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  9. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

@CRM , ironic that you've posted today because I was trying to remember who owns this bike.

I have been doing some autumn cleaning and came across the Dec 2018 edition of Performance Bike which contains the final instalment of your project bike. I do not need the mag any longer and am quite happy to pass it on, cost and postage free, if you'd like it. Simply PM me a postal address. Contents as follows:

CRM 1.jpg
    CRM 2.jpg
    CRM 3.jpg

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. CRM

CRM Active Member

Cheers for the offer but i have them all anyway.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. Bikeboy

Bikeboy Active Member

Loved following the progress on the bike. Not a fan of the wrap.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. LRJimmy

LRJimmy Active Member

@nigelrb
    That truly is an epic offer and very generous of you. :cool: A true gent indeed!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. Mattie1972

Mattie1972 Active Member

Do let me know if you start looking at moving it on

By next summer I should just about have earned sufficient credit with she who must be obeyed to make a return to 2 wheels, and i'd certainly be interested

• Like Like x 1
  14. CRM

CRM Active Member

Cheers Mattie, there are a few on the PBMF who would be quite keen to get hold of this and part of the deal with buying it was to try and ensure it stayed as a complete bike, used and enjoyed, and to try and keep it known who has it should it be required for the unfinished business with Rutter and Donnington.
    That said my insurance is up in March so it will either be renewed or sold on close to then and for the same price i paid for it (7k) which if you followed the thread would agree its a fraction of what it cost to build

15. CRM

CRM Active Member

a pic from that day.
    In one of the debriefs whitham piped up with "who is riding that wierd looking blade thing" to which i raised my hand. He just shook his head !
    I don't think he liked it, or was disgusted at my poor attempt to control its wheelies.
    Anyway here it is in action - to be fair its just the same as Rutters picture*

*It's not at all

[​IMG]

16. CRM

CRM Active Member

Funnily enough Chris popped over yesterday and as we were looking at the bike, it was mentioned there is some unfinished business with this and the PB leaderboard. However he did say he felt it's time has passed and without doubt it would smoke quite a bit of newer expensive stuff if it was tested in the current form with new fresh rubber and Rutter back at the helm. But how many would really care.
    Perhaps its best put out to pasture and left to graze