Throttle response on 2014 too aggressive help wanted

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by Chriscbr, Jun 9, 2015.

1. Chriscbr

Chriscbr Active Member

I have now had the bike a while now and fitted power commander and had it dynoed so it's setup well. There is just the problem of the off on throttle response. Basically on a pull away on a straight it's fine but if you have to pull at an island and manoeuvre round it's so difficult to keep it smooth as just small throttle adjustment give such high revs. When I try really hard it's basically OK but even after a long weekend of riding I can't seem to feed it in carefully every time and slight bumps make worse. So if anyone can tell me if the power commander can be adjusted so more throttle is needed for a given engine revs it would be appreciated or if there is another option. Thanks to all Chris

2. Cbrjay

Cbrjay Well-Known Member

Who set it up on dyno? Has it got custom map?

To much play in throttle cable?

3. Chriscbr

Chriscbr Active Member

It was set up well and it's a lot better than it was but just a small throttle movement sends the revs high. The bike runs great in straight lines but trying to do tight turns after throttle off back to on requires a very gentle touch.

4. sps170373

sps170373 Moderator
    Staff Member

Has It had a quick action throttle put on it? As that could make the bike do what your explaining

• Like Like x 1
  5. sps170373

sps170373 Moderator
    Staff Member

Has It had a quick action throttle put on it? As that could make the bike do what your explaining

6. Chriscbr

Chriscbr Active Member

I bought it from new so I guess not. Fortunately I dont take pillion as this would feel awful and make me look like a beginner

7. -steves-

-steves- Active Member

Try a higher gear, unless you are doing track, just use a higher gear and its not as sensitive. Just a thought.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Slick

Slick Elite Member

that is strange, especially after a custom map you should be pretty smooth. Snatchy throttles can be a result of lean AFRs

Like already said check your throttle play and turn the steering full lock both sides and ensure the revs are not effected.

Also plug in your PCV to a PC to check the throttle calibration, maybe post up the map for a gander

9. Chriscbr

Chriscbr Active Member

Thanks everyone for the comments. To clarify it's like a quick action throttle and it's smooth but the smallest movement cause the revs to rise. In a straight line no problem but a small roundabout it's requires lots of control to keep it smooth. I talked to dynojet who have suggested that on the small throttle inputs to richen the mixture and they will be in contact with the guys who set it up. I can only compliment the guys at more moto and dynojet for their support. I will keep people updated as I have seen others have raised this issue.

10. Chriscbr

Chriscbr Active Member

Have now had the chance to have the bike adjusted by adding extra fuel at low RPM and it's now perfect really smooth from on off throttle no surprises. The guys told me they added 5 parts extra fuel below 3000 rpm and I think 3 parts extra up 4000. The bike is so smooth . The bike us fitted with power commander v . On a 2014 cbr1000rr

• Useful Useful x 1
  11. Cbrjay

Cbrjay Well-Known Member

So it wasn't mapped properly first time?

12. Chriscbr

Chriscbr Active Member

Yes it was mapped correctly with the correct fuel oxygen levels. It's now running rich at low revs so fuel consumption could be very slightly higher. I guess it's micro seconds slower to 160mph now. It's down to personal taste how you want your bike to feel.

13. Mr OCD

Mr OCD Well-Known Member

Had to do same thing ... Richen it at low rpm to soften throttle response at on-off transitions