time for a refresh

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by Gravel trap, Jan 10, 2021.

1. Gravel trap

Gravel trap Senior Member

well I've plenty on in the workshop what with the bandit and dt project but I've found recently I wasent getting to excited to see the blade. time to modify . as much as i like my hm plant paint ect its still too common to stand out and make me tingle so it's off. I'm planning on an endurance rep . slowly ill add to it but it's bodywork first . ill keep the design to myself untill it's finished but standard lights are off and it will be a single lamp job . I'm going full on race fairing and seat . I've got a Harris tail tidy but it's too big for look I want so ill make my own . as much I'd love twin tank fillers so I'm looking into that . will prob buy another tank as I need to ride her still daily. I've bought a set of rough bodywork to use its rr6 so think I need some different brackets to mount ill prob sell the hm plant lot whilst I paint and mod the race stuff. still need a new can and an up rated brake mastercylinder but it will soon come together. ill up rate shock and change fork oil whilst at it too.

• Like Like x 5
  2. tuktuk

tuktuk Elite Member

Sounds class. Love the endurance bikes, very purposeful looking machines.

3. PauloHRC

PauloHRC God Like

Look forward to seeing the progress on this one @Gravel trap :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. mk3golfcab

mk3golfcab Elite Member

Looking forward to this Andy, Give me a heads up if you need any help with the numberplate bracket :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. Gravel trap

thanks guys and thankyou @mk3golfcab . I can weld a bit mostly repairs to the many transits I've had) so ill make brackets and mounts for the light as best I can from sheet then look at doing it more aesthetically pleasing out of some nice ally and not the steel shit I've got . so many ideas not so much time !

• Like Like x 1
  6. Gravel trap

hm plant body work all removed I took chance to apply another coat of acf 50 to her as she sat naked. I've fitted seat unit tank cover and headlamp fairing from the stand in rr6 bodywork as ill be back on the bike on Monday Mrs gt needs the car for work. side fairing do look to have different mounting brackets than the rr4 stuff so ill have to run without or make some temp ones tomorrow .

• Like Like x 1