Track bike hire @ Cadwell

Discussion in 'Trackdays' started by Barstewardsquad, Sep 16, 2018.

1. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

Anyone got any experience of this? Having just ridden on the roads for a few years I'm getting the urge to do a couple of trackdays next year.

All the stuff I have done is training based and because of work the number of days will be very limited so I was thinking of hiring a bike. If work and home commitments change after next year then I would probably get a 600 trackbike, but for now it simply doesn't make any sense to buy anything.

2. SimonRR

SimonRR God Like

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Spygoat

Spygoat Well-Known Member

We have a few companies at the tracks here that will supply you a bike, gear and instruction.Usually they are newer 600's with race bodies and good tires. I've thought of doing the same, but after the first time I put the Repsol on the track, I knew that's where it wanted to be..lol.

I had a very long conversation with a man in his 50's who was doing his first track day last weekend. He was an actual rocket scientist, held quite a few patents for induction impeller technology (some of which I knew about due to the application of that technology to cavitation in marine propellers), drove a GT3 Porsche to the track but was hesitant to buy a bike. This particular company, Flykitty Motorsports, was awesome. All their bikes were named as cats (Whiskers, Morris, etc) race prepped and well maintained. I believe the entire weekend rental with gear was $500. That included a caravan to sleep in for the weekend. Seemed like a good deal. http://www.flykittymotorsports.com/badkitty.htm

This winter I will be looking into picking up a 600 for track duty.I just need to find the right one.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

Thanks @SimonRR was just what I was after, needed to know a decent company to start looking at.

5. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Ha ha, @Lozzy. NOW try criticising my cat cushion!!:cool::cool:

6. Spygoat

Spygoat Well-Known Member

I had the urge to pet the bikes as I was viewing them. Maybe a scratch behind the ears.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Lozzy

Lozzy God Like

That's just plain wrong :D

By the way......

is this you?!?

Screenshot_2018-09-16-11-24-37-1.jpg

• Funny Funny x 3
  8. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

Get_Image_Out_Of_Head.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Quite close actually, but I've since cut my hair.:)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Liddell98

Liddell98 Active Member

I can't remember the company I hired a bike from but I done my first ever track day at Cadwell back in June, I hired the cbr1000 as this was the road bike I had and thought it would be very similar to my own, when I turned up the guy was a foreign guy and had told me there was problems with the 1000 so I ended up going on the cbr600 but I still had a really good time. Was all set for track and seemed to have decent tyres, once I came in from my session he would put the tyre warmers etc back on and then I would muck around and just go back and get it every time my session was out. If you crash I'm sure you need to pay up to £500, I didn't crash and probably took a bit more easier as I knew it wasn't my bike.

Since that track day I took my 2015 fireblade with 1500 miles on it and turned it to track, done my race license and have since done 4 race meetings, my 5th meeting @ snetterton in a couple of weeks. No interest in riding on the road anymore, just got a serious bug for the track now! Had to buy a bigger van and have probably done in about 20k! But I'm loving it and seriously have the bug lol

• Like Like x 2