Track days on your own?

Discussion in 'Trackdays' started by Danthedmrrider, Aug 6, 2017.

1. Danthedmrrider

Danthedmrrider New Member

As the title, does anyone do track days on there own? I ride on road with a few people regularly and I'm wanting to do a track day but havnt got anyone else that's interested in doing one they all prefer to be the Rossi of the road. So does everyone normally go with someone else to ride with?, I know it will be safer if anything were to happen. Or is it's fairly common for people to be their tod. Cheers

2. skyline

skyline Member

Been on your Todd not end of the world, Like you say the main advantage is someone else to help if you bin it and gotta pack up at end of the day n drive home etc. However if you don't you'll be fine, most people at a track day are real friendly and happy to help each other out anyways. You'll probably find if you time it right go with some people off a forum etc if you are worried

3. Muffking

Muffking God Like

I generally book days where there's others I know going, but I don't let it stop me going alone as there are plenty of people on site to help.
    There is a track day section on here where we often list dates we're booked on. Where abouts are you BTW and which tracks are you looking to book?

4. Danthedmrrider

I'm from East Yorkshire, so I think cadwell is the closest track to try get on.

5. Muffking

Muffking God Like

6. Danthedmrrider

Can't be bad haha wish I was off there instead of work, I will just keep a look out for any meets that are going on

7. tuktuk

tuktuk Elite Member

Nice to have mates there to fill in the time between sessions but you always get chatting to people nearby if on your own.

Only thing i worry about is loading/unloading the bike from the van, always grab someone to help but its not the same as having a trusted mate. Not gone wrong so far though.

8. Jon26

Jon26 New Member

I'm from East Yorkshire also,i've done just the one trackday at Cadwell on my previous bike but I'm thinking of another now I've got the blade.I'll let you know if I book one…you're welcome to tag along.

9. Danthedmrrider

Yeah that would be spot on Jon, where about do you go for rides out? I'm from brid so just do the normal York, thirsk and Whitby routes

10. Jon26

Jon26 New Member

Hull for me Dan,so I do the same routes as you more or less.I also try & get up to Scotland once a year for 5 days or so for a good blast.