Triumph Bobber 1200HT'!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Dave dunlop, Apr 5, 2017.

1. Dave dunlop

Dave dunlop Elite Member

Rode one of these today along with the new Triumph 765RS..... wow both fantastic bikes! The 765 is totally bonkers and have never heard a bike with such an angry induction growl, plenty of midrange and lots of grip... if your after a naked sports bike then look no further! But the big shock was riding the Bobber!!!!! I really didn't think it would be my bag! But what a scream! The engine has so much grunt to launch you in to orbit, 0/100 comes up quicker than you think, and it handles! Takes a while to recalibrate after a sports bike but once you do it's pretty much on rails! Very surprising. front brakes a bit lacking and it could do with a rev counter but apart from that it's a great bike. Stopped off for some lunch and had a 3 people ask what it was and seemed to be mesmerised by its appearance! Very surprised indeed.... didn't really want to take it back if I'm honest :D if you get a chance go and ride one:)

• Like Like x 2
  2. old git

old git Active Member

I traded in my Fireblade for a T120 Bonneville as I was looking to slow down. I loved it at first for the reasons you mention but the novelty quickly wore off. The limitations of the suspension, brakes and ground clearance soon became apparent. The engine felt good, but nowhere near good enough for a 1200cc lump. Seriously uncomfortable after a very short time and appalling build quality that quickly became apparent living with it. All this coupled with a dealer that made no real effort to deal with quality issues and much the same attitude from Triumph who seem to blame lousy manufacturing on poor owner maintenance meant it had to go. Never been so disappointed with a bike in nearly 40 years riding and will never have another Triumph.

Beware of first impressions;)