Trying to buy a new exhaust end can.

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by mick66, Dec 1, 2020.

1. mick66

mick66 New Member

Hi, its my first post so please be gentle with me.
    I know this has been covered a lot but, I'm getting a bit of conflicting information.
    I am looking to buy an end can for a 2013 CBR1000rr and having checked loads of posts it appears that the 2008 to the 2013 years are the same. The exhaust I am looking at is a GPR which I have had before and my year is not listed. When I look at the years 2008 - 2011 it says will not fit my year. i obviously don't want to buy it if its not going to fit, but why wouldn't it. I would be keeping the cat, (for noise reasons) so its just the end can. I'm going round in circles as sites are all giving different years, saying 2014 and 2015 will fit, when that's not the case and years that should fit saying they don't.. Anyway my point is, is there any reason a 2008 end can won't fit a 2013 bike.. If it will my choice of exhausts will sky rocket..

Cheers Mick

2. Blade runner 1

Blade runner 1 Elite Member

08 to 13 diameter at the end of headers is 50mm. 14 to 16 is 60mm. I think the US 14 to 16 models also have a diameter of 50mm that’s why some sites will list the exhaust to fit 08 to 16.

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. bazzashadow

bazzashadow Elite Member

Good answer blade runner
    So after that I would say measure your pipe and then email the company and ask them the size;)

4. mick66

mick66 New Member

That would explain alot..
    Thanks for the reply.
    Regards
    Mick

5. bonjo

bonjo Active Member

you would find the CAT is inside the muffler as is the exhaust valve. The vale lowers the noise noticeable below 4000rpm.
    The after market can will probably keep the O2 sensor fitting but most probably not have the CAT nor the valve so you get the extra noise at lower rpm. Some actually prefer it:)

6. mick66

mick66 New Member

Ah, I was looking at the wrong parts fiche, and a friend has a ZX10R with the cat left on and a small GP can and it sounds about right, not stupid loud,, So I will go for a slightly larger can, and use a O2 sensor eliminator if necessary..
    Cheers
    Mick