Tyre Q

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by Adidasandy, Oct 22, 2014.

1. Adidasandy

Adidasandy New Member

Going to replace my tyres on my 2012 blade but would like to know opinions on best tyres to get. I'm not interested in getting the most miles out of my rubber but what I do want is GRIP and alot of it.
    Been told michelin pilot 2 ct's are ok but would like to know 1st hand from someone that it happy with the tyres on there blade.
    Thanks in advance.
    Andy

2. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

Have a search, there is loads of tyre info on here. Personally I like Bridgestones and am currently running S20s. Other like Michelin PR3/4s and yet more like SuperCorsas. Metzler seem to be getting a pretty good rep as well.

3. Adidasandy

Adidasandy New Member

Done loads of searchs but most are after long miles will TBH if a tyre gets me through a season (2000miles max) then I'm happy. Just want grip and lots of it. I'm not a wet road rider just a weekend warrior on the country roads.

4. Ian E

Ian E Active Member

I've run Michelin 2CT on Blades for the past 7 years - can't fault them and they seem to last longer than the rest. Pilot Power 3 are good (I get 2000+ miles out of a back tyre). I've recently fitted a pair of Pilot Road and they seem fine as well. I have had Pilot Road 4 on the Speed Triple and the rear lasted over 4000 miles (I previously got 1200 miles out of the Metzeler Racetecs..)

Cheap tyres here Tyre Leader : cheap tyre online, buy car tyres, discount tyres

• Like Like x 2
  5. Givover

Givover God Like

I have had 2ct tyres on various bikes and very good with loads of grip ,I would say that the tyre is far superior to most of the talent on the forum including me ,however the technology is old now maybe 6 years out of date with the newest stuff on the market . PR4 s are the best all round ROAD tyre looks over treaded but a lot of the guys on here like them and I would doubt they would ever let go ,keep in mind the Tarmac temperature is cold now so the latest and greatest slick type tyres may struggle in you quest for grip.;)

• Like Like x 1
  6. sps170373

sps170373 Moderator
    Staff Member

Michelin's are good tyres and do give good mileage I had pilot pure's last time and got a surprising 5000 miles out of them with great grip, now got Pirelli Diablo Rosso Corsa and have to say are awesome tyres with excellent levels of grip done 1500 miles ish and plenty of tread left

• Like Like x 1
  7. MadG

MadG New Member

I put Dunlop Sportsmart 2 on mine, and they are fantastic. The 2 tyres that won PB's road test were Metzeler M7RR & Sportsmart 2. The combined test (Road & Track) had Pirelli Diablo Rosso win. Thought S20 Evo were good, lasted 1500 for a rear, but the Sportsmarts are in a completely different league.

8. sinewave

sinewave God Like

If U want outright Grip and 2K+ a set then it's gota be the PB Sportsbike Tyre of the year for the last 2 years running!

The Pirelli Diablo Rosso Corsa.

Ran em on my Blade and they were awsome.

All year round riders who want up to 5K tyre life with very little trade off in dry grip, class leading wet grip, then it's the PR4 all day long.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Frost1

Frost1 Active Member

+1 for Sportsmart 2's, these Dunlops are so much better than the Pilot pures my Blade came with, never had a slip yet even at Cadwell, admittedly I'm not the fastest rider but still feel great for me :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. RRoss

RRoss Active Member

Best 2 things I've done to my 2012 so far are setting the suspension and fitting metzeler m7 RR tyres. So much grip in all conditions,quick warm up times,excellent. They have transformed the bike for me and have enjoyed it so much more since fitting them.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Mike07

Mike07 Active Member

Pirelli Diablo Rosso Corsa. Grip Grip and more Grip. Not too bad in the wet if you get caught. Don't last forever but you will get more than 2000 mile that you require.
    Mike.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Slick

Slick Elite Member

After 3 sets of PP3 gone for a pair of PR4, nowt wrong with the PP3s but the weather just about to turn tits better be worth the hype :)

• Like Like x 1
  13. Adidasandy

Adidasandy New Member

Pirelli Diablo Rosso corsa it is then!

• Like Like x 1
  14. flynn07

flynn07 New Member

My last 3 sets have pilot power 2ct I love em ,but it's personal preference

15. sinewave

sinewave God Like

Pic of mine after a Track Day!

Make sure you get the 55 series profile and not the standard 50 series! ;)

Pirelli Rosa Corsa 4.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  16. Slick

Slick Elite Member

nice:)
    Fenix-mug.jpg

17. Adidasandy

Adidasandy New Member

What's the difference mate?

18. sinewave

sinewave God Like

Makes the Bike handle far nicer, tip in to corners is much better and the greater side contact patch gives more grip when laid over.

Most other Manufacturers use 55 as standard on their Sports bikes

Plenty on here if U do a search.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Adidasandy

Adidasandy New Member

So do I keep the standard size for the front tyre?

20. iang27

iang27 Active Member

Pirelli Rosso Corsa for me as well in the 55 profile. The bike felt transformed when I went from the 50 to 55 profile.

Need a new rear next year but will do for what is left of this year, around 2000 + miles.

I think Tyre leader seems cheapest but you need to get them fitted.

Yes, front tyre is the same.

Where are you in Tyne & Wear Andy ?

#20 iang27, Oct 23, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2014