tyre warmers.

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by jayz, Jan 21, 2013.

1. jayz

jayz Active Member

hi all,

anybody selling or who knows are selling a set of tyre warmers(second hand) summers coming:cool:

jayz;)

2. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

3. jayz

jayz Active Member

Ok thanks I will try them.

4. Jollygiant

Jollygiant Member

Holroyd get the thumbs up from me:)

5. IcarusGreen

IcarusGreen Elite Member

6. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

We may have but it was out of these or diamond and they cost another £150 on top again

7. ChrisOzzz

ChrisOzzz Active Member

Not that I need any but just looking at the Holroyd aite and they say that they cant make warmers for road tyres.
    What would be different about warmers for the road tyres or track?

8. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

I think they mean they can't heat the tyre and give the same results as you would get on track

9. scooby

scooby Elite Member

theres no point using tyre warmers on a road bike,within 2 miles they will have dropped temprature.

10. Pete_Scorpa3

Pete_Scorpa3 Member

Unless you can find a set that have had little use, for little money, I think you may as well buy a new set. They are available for £100.
    I've just bought a set of MotoGP's for £136 including postage.
    The wires on my old front set were just starting to burn through the lining, this often happens where the warmer is close to the front mudguard and overheats slightly. Over time, they do get damaged. A cheap second hand set will probably have some of this and you will end up wishing that you'd paid a few more pounds and bought new.
    MGPWARM01 Motogp Track Tyre Warmers (Pair) NBI_MGPWARM01 | eBay
    Pete

PS. I also think that using tyre warmers onthe road is a waste of time, unless you live right at the side of your favourite set of bends, the tyres will loose their heat by the time you get anywhere.

11. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

I gather you mean there is no point in using tyre warmers if you are using them on the road. and not on the track ?

12. ChrisOzzz

ChrisOzzz Active Member

I don't want tyre warmers for the road just wanted to understand what was different. I guess track tyres are made to run at higher temperatures.

13. Dano28

Dano28 Active Member

Basically pure track tyre will have a higher switch on temp and higher optimum temp due to the load it's under on track, warmers save you doing thy extra lap/half a lap to get the heat in, as well as preventing it from going through heat cycles so prolong tyre life. Road tyres switch on at a lower temp due to restrictions of speed, stop/starting etc.

As said, not that you want to, which is why they are pointless for the road.

14. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

I run Dunlop GP racers on the road and track. they can go as low as 19Psi on track, lower on the road if warm/hot. the result of having the extra grip means I will get less miles from the front or rear but i'm not fussed on that. and they are also crap in the wet. But amazing when warm and dry. After finding the limit on the excellent Dunlop Sportsmarts on track I wanted something more bases for my type of riding and on track.

I have run the Dunlops sportsmarts on track as low as 26 rear and 30 cold, front but that was on track and very hot got they went up to 33 and 31 on track and felt very planted on the track at Anglesey

15. Demon Tweeks

Demon Tweeks Active Member