UK Made Racing Hooks (Sato replica)

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by Apollo, Mar 21, 2018.

1. PauloHRC

PauloHRC God Like

Hi mk3......I would be interested in this providing it is minimal costs and it happens before the end of April?

How much do you expect the extra charge for anodising? Don't want it to get too pricy as would turn what is a bargain......too being not a bargain and i could have just bought the black ones that other dude was selling on here. I appreciate you're doing us a favour though!:D

Need to get mine fitted to the bike and ready for my track day before May so i want to get stuck into removing all the bits from the tail end! Cheers

2. mk3golfcab

mk3golfcab Elite Member

All depends on how fast I get a chain guard to model up. ColinBR is kindly lending me one. Minimum order charge is £60 so not worth sending anything in on its own. When I’m ready to send stuff I’ll let people know and advise of cost. Most likely between £5-10 plus return postage. Cost will be dependent on how many items I put in. Will only be putting forum parts into this batch (chain guards)

3. CBRGav

CBRGav Active Member

Mine have just arrived:D quick question, where do the spacers go? Is it frame end or foot pegs end when fitted?

4. PauloHRC

PauloHRC God Like

Ooh mine must be at work......well they better had be considering I ordered mine before you haha!! Hope they have put them through the letter box rather then left a 'sorry we missed you' card :rolleyes:

5. CBRGav

CBRGav Active Member

Mine were in letter box so should be :) just deciding whether or not have them powdered or anodized. As my frame is red at the back so can't decide wether they'd be fine silver or to do them black so they get lost in the plastic behind them or to match them in red with the sub frame

6. PauloHRC

PauloHRC God Like

Hmm I see your dilemma, I'm going to leave mine raw I think. It will only take a couple of times times of putting the pillion pegs on and off again or using ratchet strap hooks for transportation and they will start to look a bit tatty.

I must admit I'd prefer mine black ......you'v put me in a dilemma now! o_O

7. CBRGav

CBRGav Active Member

That's my thinking, I wanted do them and my rear pegs black then set of rearsets for the front and job done. but my rear pegs will be on and off alot through summer and dont want them looking tat :( I've emailed my local bloke for anodizing so it will depend how bad the cost is to what happens lol if its not to bad I don't mind having them redone every winter

8. PauloHRC

PauloHRC God Like

Yeah but you don' want to be getting your hooks done every year!!!! Can you imaging taking them on and off every year.......that's why we're doing this remember!! To make life easy haha....!! :D

9. CBRGav

CBRGav Active Member

Good point that, I might just leave them bare. Will see what he comes back at on price and take it from there

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. PauloHRC

PauloHRC God Like

Mine had arrived at work as predicted, a colleague of mine had to pop in so he's dropped these off for me!

Have you worked out what the spacers are for yet? I can only think they are for use when putting pegs back on, also thinking you use the new bolts for pegs too. Use existing bolts for securing Sato's?

You started yet Gav? ?

Attached Files:

11. CBRGav

CBRGav Active Member

I'm thinking the same, standard bolt to attach the hooks to bike and spacers for pegs. Not started yet tho, too busy with bank holiday drinking and eating lol want get quote back for anodizing aswell just Incase :)

• Like Like x 1
  12. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Spacers are for ABS models. Look on the Sato website (i haven't got link at the moment) and you'll see the ABS hooks are a bigger dimension.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. CBRGav

CBRGav Active Member

Great stuff cheers mate

14. Kevin1

Kevin1 Elite Member

Interesting thread this. Great info sharing etc etc. But...Am I missing something here?
    You remove the foot pegs so you can put a bracket on to remount the foot pegs. Ok you gain a hole for a bungee at either side when not using the foot pegs, but you already had a foot peg to fasten bungees to in the first place. :):(o_O

15. CBRGav

CBRGav Active Member

For me it's the ease of removing them, but the option to put them back on. I take my Mrs out a fair bit but prefer the looks without the pegs on

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. PauloHRC

PauloHRC God Like

Precisely .........It's all about the Look of having no foot pegs, because let's face It, they spoil the back end of all bikes! But sometimes you need the pegs to take the Mrs out.

You're definitely missing something as I think it's a great invention Haha! :D

• Like Like x 1
  17. Lozzy

Lozzy God Like

It's mainly the HRC owners who want to remove them in the belief that the loss of weight will help them keep up with the Repsols the poor deluded fools :rolleyes: :D

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  18. Kevin1

Kevin1 Elite Member

Just playing devil's advocate here. :eek:
    Buy surely the Hook bracket spoils "the look" too??

19. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

They're much more discrete though, Kevin.

• Like Like x 1
  20. CBRGav

CBRGav Active Member

20180403_141928.jpg 20180403_141928.jpg 20180403_141436.jpg 20180403_141237.jpg well got round to fitting them today. Bloke didn't get back to me with a quote so I just fitted them bare. Took bit an hour and half with help from my son (bit like working 1 step forward 2 steps back Lol) tried the pegs on, and I reckon the hooks are going to mark up pretty quick. Does look better without pegs on tho. If they mark up in gonna have pegs powder coated and put them back on. Time will tell. Nowhere near as bad a job as folk made out on previous posts tho, pretty much followed instructions on here but just removed sub frame bolts and removed pegs on floor. Just hope they last

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2