UK Made Racing Hooks (Sato replica)

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by Apollo, Mar 21, 2018.

1. CBRGav

CBRGav Active Member

Oh yeah and if anyone knows where that metal strip is from I'd be very grateful. It just dropped on floor as I split the sub frame

2. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Ah, I wondered what that pic was for. I don't recall any such strip from my operation. Seems to be a spacer of some sort, but I'm really no help. A good resource is the schematic parts diagram, but I couldn't see any reference to it there: https://www.bike-parts-honda.com/pi...0-F__3100-CBR+1000+RR+FIREBLADE+TRICOLOR.html

It couldn't have been a spacer from the battery carrier could it? Perhaps too late to go back looking; but if you're like me it will be eternally annoying!!:mad::mad:

BTW, really love that Legends bike. I think I would ashamedly rate it ahead of the HRCs, although I suspect @PauloHRC won't side with me:rolleyes:.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. PauloHRC

PauloHRC God Like

Good job @CBRGav.....I've not had chance to fit mine yet, just got back from our place in Cumbria so not had any bike indulgence what so ever!!! Will get on it this weekend and post some pics. .......oh, no I won't I've got a wedding on Saturday and a christening on Sunday ffs!

Yeah agree with @nigelrb, the TT legends paint scheme is nice, considered getting a Chinese replica for trackdays but I've finally bitten the bullet and ordered a matte black kit, should be here in a couple of weeks! :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. CBRGav

CBRGav Active Member

Must admit I'd not seen the paint job until the one I found before this which was a Chinese fairing job. Then I spotted this next morning so bought it, hadn't even sat on one when I ordered it just had to have it:cool:
    As for the bracket if nothing falls off it'll be sat in the standard bits box until I sell the bike LMAO. I was looking at hrc ones originally or repsol as everyone knows they're faster ;)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Fwsock

Fwsock Active Member

Ooohhh I like these. I’m gonna order me some. Mk3golf cab do u have an idea of cost to anodise black? I’d happily post as it’s only about £3.30 each way. The i’m in West Lothian btw. What sort of lead time you need?

6. Fwsock

Fwsock Active Member

And Gav eeeeeveryone knows red is th fastest colour of anything :p:D

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  7. Fwsock

Fwsock Active Member

8. PauloHRC

PauloHRC God Like

I looked at these......didn't look like there was any thread in the holes where you re-attach the pillion pegs like there is on the ones we got!

9. Fwsock

Fwsock Active Member

Interesting. Never considered that. They will just go straight back and I’ll take a refund if that’s the case. Will let you know

• Like Like x 1
  10. CBRGav

CBRGav Active Member

handy that lol it was red originally But painted before it hit the road :cool:
    I've already fitted my hooks now just bare metal and doubt I'll be bothering painting or anodizing tbh

• Like Like x 1
  11. PauloHRC

PauloHRC God Like

Fitting my hooks tomorrow. ......finally got time! Gav I notice that the four bolts provided, two are slightly longer. Is that what yours were like?

12. CBRGav

CBRGav Active Member

Not 100% but pretty sure mine were all the same length. I'll double check in the morning and let you know

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. Blade runner 1

Blade runner 1 Elite Member

It's been over a year since I fitted mine. It will be pretty obvious when you fit them which bolts are which. Think I used the original bolts for the hooks and the bolts and spacers supplied are for the footrests to go back on.

• Like Like x 1
  14. CBRGav

CBRGav Active Member

I used originals for attaching to the bike too. The bolts supplied are for attaching the pegs

• Like Like x 1
  15. PauloHRC

PauloHRC God Like

Cheers lads.......I was intending on using original bolts to attach hooks. Was just concerned I'd been sent the wrong ones with them being different lengths!

Well...... I'm off out into the garden, bike on paddock stands ready for some tinkering!

16. Ricky Miller

Ricky Miller Active Member

Great find, does the original pegs bolt to these if needed or is there new pegs supplied ?

17. PauloHRC

PauloHRC God Like

Yep. .......they're designed to eliminate the passenger/pillion foot pegs. But on the very rare occasion the other half wants a rideo_O.......you can put the pegs back on with ease! ;)

Also acts as a fixing point for transportation in a van or trailer! Great invention !

• Like Like x 1
  18. CBRGav

CBRGav Active Member

Originals go straight to them 20180403_141436.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  19. PauloHRC

PauloHRC God Like

Fitted these yesterday and ended up having to take them off again as there was one bolt that I just couldn't get in. I pulled the battery tray up as far as it could possibly go but for the life of me could not get the last bolt in on the left hand side of the bike. I was at risk of cross threading and then I would be in the shit!

I was pushed for time so just left them off and will have to try another time. Next time I'll probably take battery tray out altogether or split the subframe. Did you have similar problem with this one bolt Gav? The other side is a bit easier :(

Attached Files:

20. CBRGav

CBRGav Active Member

I had same I just took the bolts out completely and took one side of the sub frame off at a time. fitted hook then put back on.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1