UK Made Racing Hooks (Sato replica)

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by Apollo, Mar 21, 2018.

1. Ricky Miller

Ricky Miller Active Member

Thanks guys il get one ordered I like the look of now pegs but the misses has decided all of a sudden she now wants to come for a spin with the good weather. Only took the pegs off mine two weeks ago too lol

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. PauloHRC

PauloHRC God Like

Wish I'd thought of that yesterday haha......had everything of as well, brake light, tail tidy, storage compartment the lot!! Oh well I know for next time!:rolleyes:

3. CBRGav

CBRGav Active Member

I struggled with the battery tray for a good 10 minutes before I gave up on it lol. Just 2 bolts at front and one in the rear end and the frames off, easy to do once removed. then just put back and remove the other side.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Jcdrum13

Jcdrum13 New Member

Hey,

Just re fitted my rear pegs over the weekend to take the missus out!!!

After loads of dicking about..... just take the subframe off, some say, one side then the other. Think I had both off at some point!!! So much easier...... the hardest bastard part, is the plastic under fairing!!!! That had be baffled for a while!!!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  5. CBRGav

CBRGav Active Member

forgot come back to you on this:confused: mine are actually 2 short and 2 longer bolts. No idea why as they seem all work in either hole.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Lozzy

Lozzy God Like

Question for you guys with these fitted...

Im going to fit hooks to next bike. But my Motech Blaze pannier system clicks into plastic holders that attach to the pegs.
    So I'm thinking I can leave pegs with holders on and then just attach them to hooks when I need the panniers.

So...do the pegs once they're attached to the hooks, sit in virtually the same location give or take say a couple of cms?
    I think a big difference will effect how it all mounts & I really want to keep the panniers if poss....cheers

7. CBRGav

CBRGav Active Member

I'd say they're around 5 maybe 7 cm tops lower, if someone who's not fitted yet could measure the gap from the original bolt hole to the new one would give you exact. From the pics of mine fitted, they normally sit just behind the plastics above where they are now so not a massive increase tbh

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Lozzy

Lozzy God Like

Cheers... not sure if that'll mess the system up but can always flog the motech & go back to kriega if needs

9. CBRGav

CBRGav Active Member

Might get away with it as they're slightly further out aswell,so might be able to fit still with the arms at a different angle.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. Lozzy

Lozzy God Like

Has anyone here got a black bike fitted with these hooks & can pop a pic up of side view of full bike. I need to see what they look like so I can get an idea if I can live with putting them on my bike with them not being black!
    Cheers

11. Jcdrum13

Jcdrum13 New Member

Hey,

Not exactly a side view......but the look ace au natural!!!

Attached Files:

12. Lozzy

Lozzy God Like

Cheers mate...yep they look great on yours but you've a lot of white fairing and bits of colour to offset them. I'm not sure but I think with mine being totally black that they'll stick out rather than blend in with the black, and if they do it'll bug me lol.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

True Lozzy. You must have black otherwise they'll stand out like spilt red wine on a white dress.;)

14. Lozzy

Lozzy God Like

I know that's what I was thinking. Plus I'm modding more stuff over to black & carbon so the silver hooks would stand out even more! I've been on the Sato website but can't work out how to order or even how much shipping costs :( I'm useless at on line stuff which was why I was hoping someone had a black set for sale as they've popped up on here occasionally :)

15. Manfred

Manfred Active Member

Here you go. IMG_20180512_083135_633.jpg

Just realised you wanted silver hooks.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  16. Apollo

Apollo Active Member

Hey mate, buy the advise hooks and drop them at powder coaters.. They'll turn them black for you for £20-30 max :)

17. hitch

hitch Elite Member

Exhaust looks nice wrapped - blends in better

18. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

You've done it now, @Manfred. Lozzy's just put red braided lines on the modding list!:)

19. Lozzy

Lozzy God Like

Cheers but there's a few comments on here that say the powder coating may mark if putting pegs on and off on a regular basis....which would be the case for me as my motech pannier system fits to the pegs!

Can anyone say for definite how the powder coating will stand up to that use? Itll just be a pain ending up removing them if they get tatty quickly thats all.
    I'm just waiting for a US shipping cost on the Sato's.

20. Lozzy

Lozzy God Like

Thanks anyway it's given me an idea of what they look like in black...much appreciated