Valencia 2015, championship decider

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by Mattie660, Nov 8, 2015.

1. BoroRich

BoroRich Elite Member

Done :D

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  2. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

As it's run by a Spanish run company makes you think

3. SimonRR

SimonRR God Like

Conspiracy theories! You will be doubting the moon landings next :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Mattie660

Mattie660 Elite Member

So we have so far:

• Different rules for different bikes, that all compete in the same race !
    • VW/Audi owned Ducati want a German rider for 2016. Surely Ducati should be concerned with getting the best rider and trying to win.

So we have rules being changed to allow non competitive bikes to appear competitive, and then a sponsor/owner insisting that the nationality of the rider is more important than his ability, just to get more value from the sponsorship (sound familiar ?).

And this is all my imagination ?

"More MotoGP Madness as Audi CEO Wants German Rider for Ducati."

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/m...ceo-wants-a-german-rider-at-ducati-98702.html

5. honda.ima

honda.ima Active Member

Don't want to play any more.

Was planning to buy a new Repsol SP as they are cheep at the moment, but I would think Honda will have an even harder job to sell them next year now, and harder still if the sponsor pulls the plug.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. old git

old git Active Member

I'm glad the whole sorry saga is over. I'm a big Rossi fan but he just needs to accept that the quicker guy beat him. Maybe Marquez wasn't giving 100% maybe he was? We'll never know for sure but I really am a bit disillusioned by the whole thing. I'll be very surprised if Rossi ever gets another championship now. That said, watching him come through the field yesterday reminds me of just how good he is :D

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Repsol Rob

Repsol Rob Elite Member

yes got to agree.....or is it that the others factory bikes are well behind with power ?? otherwise shite ?

8. exuptoy

exuptoy Elite Member

The days of Honda selling Repslows based on their seasons racing result I don't think comes into it. If I was in the market for a new Blade and I found a Repslow for £10000 I'd buy it. The seasons racing means nothing to me. Value for money and a brand new litre for £10k when they rest are £12k-£18k would be the biggest reason for me. If they won the season then they may shift a few more bikes but I don't they'd shift less because they didn't win. Is there anyone out there that thinks the RCV is the same bike as a Blade??? Only the seriously deluded!
    The Blade isn't even up there with the competition due to the lack of power and toys. Is it still a good bike? Of course it is and still good value and thats why it sells, no other reason.

The reduction in price though does have one negative effect, it has pushed down the price of the older models!!! (of course the time of year may have a factor in that :) )

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. ShinySideUp

ShinySideUp Elite Member

Honda's being sold in Repsol livery has absolutely nothing to do with race results........the days of the old adage 'win on Sunday sell on Monday' are long gone!

You just have to flick thru the honda catalogue to see what I am talking about, repsol liveries make an appearance on everything from scooters to sports bikes to off road bikes!

Honda used to save repsol colours for race reps now it's just to save them having to think about coming up with a 3rd colour scheme for their bikes!

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Jimbo Vills

Jimbo Vills God Like

Disagree dude....IOM the r1 was an oil eating piece of shite....

Post bsb it's an out of the box winner going to take the wsb scene by storm...

Racing at any level is a fickle old place to be. And us fans seem great puppets in the hole show....

11. Alblade

Alblade God Like

I was there, and had traveled to see a race, but we never got on. The gap between the top 3 and Rossi was vast, so even though he rode amazingly well could he have won ? We'll never know.

Was it a fix ? I'm not sure, it was in Spain, being led by a Spaniard followed by 2 riders from the same country - can you imagine if MM or DP had caused JL to fail to finish the race and miss the world championship ?

What I did see was the mountains of Rossi fans - the amount of yellow in the stands is simply amazing even after all these years and the stalls selling his merchandise are by far the busiest.

If / when Rossi leaves the sport there will need to be a huge draw to keep the attendance at current levels - the only rider who appears to doing well in this regard is Maverick Vinales who has done an amazing job on the Suzuki in its first year.

I did however get see a British World Championship title with Danny Kent - and its a real shame the whole Rossi / MM / JL has taken the coverage away from that. Also Bradley did an amazing job in the 2015 season, and I think the best British rider was Sam Lowes, really smooth and great overtakes - hope he builds on his success for 2016.

• Like Like x 1