Ventura rack fitting

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by Weejockie, Sep 8, 2021.

1. Weejockie

Weejockie Active Member

Hi folks

Picked up an undamaged set of racks for a 2015 blade off Fleabay. I followed the instructions and left the supports loose until the rack was fitted. However, once tightened I can't get the rack off the supports without partially undoing the bolts that fit into the subframe!

Wondering if others have experienced the same before I start gentle mods with a hammer?

2. Iain

Iain Active Member

How far out are they when tightened up?

I have the system for years, whilst not a simple slot in, it is not usually too hard to fit the rack - a little grease helps. That said, the rack did take a little knock a couple of years ago, so it is a little more difficult than it was when first fitted.
    Did it come with the longer bolts?

3. Weejockie

Weejockie Active Member

Thanks, Iain. They're 3-4mm out. I'll try a bit of grease but it seems it needs more than that! Both supports are equidistant from the tail end which suggests they're equally bent (unlikely) or there may be a slight model difference between bars. Mine is not an SP model.
    It came with the right bolts, which fit fine.

4. Iain

Iain Active Member

One tip for you, make sure the rack goes down level into the supports - if one side goes down first it seems impossible to get the other side down.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Weejockie

Weejockie Active Member

I'll give it a go, thanks, Iain. Heading off to the lakes and borders on Sunday!