Ventureshield

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by Brom66, Sep 3, 2019.

1. Brom66

Brom66 Well-Known Member

Ordered the full kit from Invisible Patterns £112, anyone else use this or just not bothered regarding stone chip etc..

Attached Files:

2. Spygoat

Spygoat Well-Known Member

I've never bothered. The kit always looks to be a huge pain to apply. However, when I find a stone chip, I wish I had. I'd be interested to hear how the install goes.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. Brom66

Brom66 Well-Known Member

I've fitted part kits on my last 4 bikes ZX10r, S1000rr, 1299shad to do it twice after dealer broke front fairing clips, didn't go on aswell the 2nd time, also on my ZZR which I still have, and the only chip I had on all the bike was on the headlight of the 1299, so gone for the full kit this time which includes the lights pretty much everything else

4. bladerunner03

bladerunner03 Active Member

I put it on my 13 plate and it still looked imaculate after 48000 miles.
    It has a finish that stones bounce off rather than it being a extra hard layer.
    Start with a small piece i.e. lower seat unit on your drawing. Do not be afraid to pull it back off and re apply if it does not look right, you can do that many times and it still sticks.
    When you get to the nose cone piece get the stuff on at the base of the screen first marked as start on your picture. If you do the sides first you can end up with a bit of a bubble at the screen base.
    Take your time allocate a day to do it then you will not rush. :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Brom66

Brom66 Well-Known Member

Fitted a few before, but in my dusty garage, I hoover floor and dampen it to stop dust blowing, and keep a bowl of warm soapy water handy just incase you get a bit of dust where it shouldn't be, just helps to clean of.

6. Spygoat

Spygoat Well-Known Member

Do you need a heat gun to apply the kit? Would it help? I see where certain pieces say "stretch" on them.

7. ray

ray Well-Known Member

Got the dealer to fit mine when I bought it and it's still going strong.

8. bradt

bradt Elite Member

Do it yourself or better still get in done professionally, you won't regret it.
    My 09 had it fitted from new and the panels are visually as good as the day they left the factory.
    I have replaced a piece on the tank myself and it's pretty easy to do, but I wouldn't want to do all the panels myself.

9. Shutty

Shutty Well-Known Member

Get it done professionally. I fit mine and whilst most were on they wasnt perfect and slowly ive taken it off piece by piece. Just couldnt get the nose right

Knowing what i know i should have waited and had it fitted right

10. Blade runner 1

Blade runner 1 Elite Member

Did mine 4 years ago and still looking pretty good. Not the easiest to apply but take your time and do the small bits first to get the hang of it. Plenty YouTube videos on the subject.

11. Brom66

Brom66 Well-Known Member

No heat gun required, according to supplier, although I called it Ventureshield, the product supplied is of similar ilk, but apparently easier to use

12. Brom66

Brom66 Well-Known Member

Dealer wont fit, not the first to refuse either, I've done it before but not a full kit, but if even not 100% its still better than getting a stone chip.

13. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Agree. I think this might be a very nervous DIY operation.

14. 1000rr73

1000rr73 Active Member

I helped a mate do his panigale back in 2016, it took about 6 hours and was very stressful. It wasn’t perfect but not bad.

When I bought a new blade I had a firm do it and they charged around £320 iirc for the full kit and it looks amazing. Still looked amazing and virtually invisible 3 years on. This was on an urban tiger so well worth protecting that unique and shiny paint.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Brom66

Brom66 Well-Known Member

But no one Cornwall will fit, asked dealer if they knew anyone around Nottingham would but although they are some who do cars no-one will do bikes, there is someone at Evesham who does it but they never answer the phone, reply to messages or emails... so obviously very busy !!!

16. Jez

Jez Senior Member

It is definitely a thing that practice is required, as said start with small ones, watch youtube, I use a heat gun, squeegee and cloth. I did mine about 4 years ago and now have a few areas I will replace over winter. I just made paper templates and cut round. Do not buy cheap rubbish as it is much harder to put on. At least if you buy a big sheet you have plenty to practice with and it is not that expensive:)