Vertu Linfoot Replica

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by nigelrb, Jul 27, 2018.

1. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

2. si1000repsol

si1000repsol Well-Known Member

Completely agree. Wonder if they used another paintshop on the cheap

3. raphael

raphael Elite Member

That looks a satin finish to me, but also looks like it’s shot in the hallway?

4. Blade runner 1

Blade runner 1 Elite Member

Looks like a satin finish judging by the reflection of the light, wouldn’t be my first choice.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Fair enough about the satin finish. Haven't seen it done on bikes. The Red Bull F1 car is a good example, AND was 'strange' or hard to accept at first sight. The matte black Blade is another example, but it actually looks like a proper finish whereas this looks blemished or lacking that final top coat.

For this bike though, the detail is perfect (save for the poor blending of the Castrol logo on the rear seat cowl) but I think the finish lets it down. Once again I say: Each to their own.

On a slightly cheeky note, (and you all know I am an avid follower of Honda) I am not so sure that Dan Linfoot deserves a replica on the bike's current performance. The guy is doing a good job with equipment yet to make the grade and I believe Honda has had long enough to get this bike consistently on the front row. Another debate for another day maybe?;)