Very impressed with this Shark helmet

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by Nytol, Sep 25, 2015.

1. Nytol

Nytol Active Member

I've been tempted to buy another lid for a while now, didn't need one, but when did need ever come into it?

I'd tried on many, many makes and models, pretty much everyone I could fit into in every bike shop I've been in, so from £50 Vipers, to £600 Arais (which I did not like at all).

I currently have a Shoei GT Air and think it is OK, not mind blowing for the price.

The Shark helmets I've tried always seemed to feel the most comfortable both in fit and the material they use inside, so that was on the agenda this morning.

I tried on all they had, assuming I'd leave 300-400 pounds poorer, but the best fitting and most comfortable helmet was just £130

It has the same 4* independent test rating as my Shoei, sun-visor, vents etc, yet is more comfortable, and quieter.

20150925_184703.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  2. Wozza

Wozza Elite Member

I have had Shark now for the last 10 years and know have the top race lid , also have had Arai and also very good but getting to costly although saved my head on a couple of offs....,

3. red5

red5 Well-Known Member

Agree with you about the Shoei, sadly only Shoei seem to make a lid that fits my mahoooosive square head! :(

4. Greco

Greco Active Member

I know that is why i didnt go with an Arai again. Instead i went with HJC for both value for money and comfort

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. foenix

foenix Active Member

Shark is a good helmet brand !

And i'm living at 10 miles of the main industry and head :)

6. rebel

rebel Active Member

Arai well overrated hjc for me

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. sulaco

sulaco Active Member

I think it's important to try on different helmets, sizes, shapes all vary. I also have a Shoei it's good, but not as comfortable, quiet and cheap as my £120 Caberg Ego, which has sunvisor and came with a pinlock insert! Caberg have always done well on testing. When it comes to new helmet time I usually visit the largest dealer near me(franchised Honda/Suzuki), try on loads of helmets pick the one I like, go home and buy online(usually much cheaper):p

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. thezipsteruk

thezipsteruk Elite Member

alright unless it rains, then a bit foggy...ask lorenzo, lol

• Like Like x 1
  9. Wayne_R

Wayne_R Active Member

I have the Shark Speed R in the Sauer graphic, and I love it. Different fit and feel to my Shoei, but its still comfortable. I don't particularly like the internal sun visor, so have a smoked pin lock instead.

10. Nytol

Nytol Active Member

I agree the sun visor is not as good as the Shoei, but at nearly 4x the price, it is not that much better :D

As you can see, I couldn't wait for the NEC, impulse got the better of me.

11. Wayne_R

Wayne_R Active Member

Funny, I was thinking the same thing when I saw the post Matt....:D

Looks like you now going for the Street Hawk look now o_O