Visit to Kens' neck of the woods...part 4

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by Si., Jul 24, 2016.

1. Lozzy

Lozzy God Like

When's 'Die Hard in Devon 6' coming out Bruce? .....sorry....Ken :D

bruce-willis-in-surrogates_100230601_m.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Si.

Si. God Like

ken star (1 of 1).jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. HRCTrev09

HRCTrev09 Well-Known Member

No way I've used all my holibobs up! :( I didn't think the pilgrimage was taking place this year! To tell you truth I doubt my arm would hold up! Have fun dudes I'll definitely make it down next year :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

Having seen your X-Rays, I wouldn't try to hitch a lift with that arm for a while, Trev.

• Like Like x 1
  5. HRCTrev09

HRCTrev09 Well-Known Member

Ah my lovely B&W photees! I've got another photo shoot in a couple of weeks hopefully the two parts of ulna have become intimate and joined the feck together! But I should be right as reign come next year Ken :)

#25 HRCTrev09, Aug 9, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2016
    • Funny Funny x 2
  6. CBARSE

CBARSE Active Member

Who's Ken then ?
    Sorry only askin as new here

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. raphael

raphael Elite Member

Ken is just some random old boy mate! Lol
    Only joking mate! Only been once myself mate but a good ride out down south few drinks,good laugh, good meal with more drinks and a visit to Ken who's generally a friend to all on here.

8. thezipsteruk

thezipsteruk Elite Member

490938f7d922321fa975e80f86de0aff.jpg

• Funny Funny x 3
  9. raphael

raphael Elite Member

Lined myself up there didn't I??? Waiting for the stick now bud. Shouldn't you be on the Africa twin site haha

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Lozzy

Lozzy God Like

Ken is the hero of us 70's biker chicks

Brooding......manly.....a true biker god :cool: :D

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. CBARSE

CBARSE Active Member

Lol you must work in marketing Lozzy, either that or Ken is about to launch his own after shave

• Like Like x 1
  12. thezipsteruk

thezipsteruk Elite Member

lol, Im still allowed on here as I still have a seat for a CBR1000 and Titanium axle nuts!

• Funny Funny x 2
  13. Lozzy

Lozzy God Like

Hey.....

you might be onto something there!

The cbr1000rrforum perfume :cool:

14. CBARSE

CBARSE Active Member

T
    ha , the mind boggles

15. CBARSE

CBARSE Active Member

Hi mate , so not trying to take owt away from the Ken visit ,
    Dose the forum do any other kinda get togethers ?
    We all seem to be the spread out all over gods country, just wondering dude
    Nick

16. martinowen

martinowen Moderator
    Staff Member

We all have semi local meet ups, but as you say we are very spread out but all gather at kens, nec etc

17. Si.

Si. God Like

Fabulous weekend.

Great laugh, and great to see the guys.

Cheers!!

18. CBARSE

CBARSE Active Member

Weekends not over and where did you see me so ?

19. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

Friday was pretty full on for me so I got back to Exeter about the same time that Tol and Si did. By the the time I'd dumped my kit, swapped cars, picked up the missus and fled the city before it filled up with grockles, the lads were enjoying a beer outside the pub. As their host, I thought it would be churlish of me to refuse to join them, so we had a quick drink before leading them to their secret location to stash their bikes. At this point, we decided to have a quick drink, which, because of the heat still left in the day, turned into another quick drink. At some point we needed to phone the pub and lie about them still being stuck in traffic as the time for which the table was booked came while we were still enjoying a quick drink...

Si eventually got his make up fixed and we sped across country to the boozer, where we enjoyed a quick drink while ordering food.

IMG_2079.JPG

I don't think that's a tide mark around their glasses, but you never can tell...

After a pleasant plate of scran, the missus suggested we drive back an even more rural route that took us to the middle of the middle of nowhere where we ran into a police roadblock...

However, since the roadblock was the result of suspected terrorist activity, the single, young plod on duty was only too pleased that the car full of grinning norvenners just wazzed past him at the crossroads and disappeared into the night. Once we got back to the Minster, the missus announced that she meant that she wanted to show the lads Exeter's 'historic quayside', as the lads, who live just across the Mersey from Liverpool, have likely never seen one before...

So we decamp again to the city, have a wander around a virtually empty waterfront (no students yet), and have a quick drink.

Eventually we go home and I drop the lads off at the digs where they ask the landlord for a nightcap, them being residents an'all (the evening being a bit dry up 'til then), whereupon he told them 'No f*****g chance'. I look forward to seeing that on trip advisor...

The next morning, I go to meet them and they go to meet me. At the same time but by two different routes. We circle around and meet up at the coffee shop where I introduce them to my friend, Brian, from Glasgow. They chatted for an hour or so, but without and interpreter, I couldn't tell you what about.

Determined to show them at least part of the rural idyll I live in, I took them on a bit of a route march across the marshes to the river, where we boarded the ferry across to Topsham. We got there at about one o'clock. There's a pub right by the jetty so we stopped for a quick drink. We had to leave at five o'clock because the tide stopped the ferry running...

Still, Tol discovered rhubarb cider...

IMG_2083.JPG

It tasted just like it sounds...

Even my phone camera was pished by the looks of it...

IMG_2084.JPG

Another off road route march got us back to base. I went home to help the missus prepare dinner, and have a quick drink, and the lads went back to the pub to recharge ( I suspect).

Shortly afterwards, Shawn pitched up, soon followed by SteveB, who being in the unfamiliar territory of both Devon and being in a car rather than an earth mover, promptly got lost in the next street over.

Once Tol and Si arrived, we dined al fresco whilst enjoying a quick drink and were regaled with tales of life in the wild west (Cornwall) by Steve, who proved once and for all that we are all armed west of the Avon.

At very late, or very early, we all split up and drifted apart.

Final good byes at around eleven on Sunday morning before the lads hit the M5 going nawf, hopefully waving cheerfully at the snarl ups on the opposite carriageway heading saaaf.

Yet another hugely hilarious get together. More proof the that the friendships I've made on this site are lifetime ones.

There is increased intelligence chatter of a return visit being heard...

#39 kpone, Aug 30, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  20. Si.

Si. God Like

Ahhh, the famous "quick drink", and you forgot "one for the road" which, indeed like the course of the weekend, meant 5 or so for the road. Maths was never my strong point.....

• Like Like x 1