Wanted: Stainless or Titanium Headers

Discussion in 'Parts, Accessories & Clothing' started by Franbot, Jun 25, 2020.

1. Franbot

Franbot Active Member

As the title says..

I'm looking to buy a set of stainless steel or titanium headers for an 08 blade.

I have a preference for Akrapovic or Arrow.

I have a RaceFit black edition can that they would be matching up to. Does anybody know if that would present any issues from experience.

My OEM headers are in an awful state and take the look away from the bike.

Thanks in advance.

2. vic_ster51

vic_ster51 Active Member

Your racefit wont fit aftermarket headers as racefit has linkpipe attached. Best to sell that and put towards system with a can
    Full system headers outlet pipe comes out different place to standard oem headers. Be wayyy off.

3. vic_ster51

vic_ster51 Active Member

Matter of fact someone wants a racefit on here aswell to buy. Its a cheaper option aswell though only option.

4. Franbot

Franbot Active Member

Thanks for the reply man. I had a sneaking suspicion that might be the case alright.

how much would the RaceFit be worth at this stage. Cost me 500 sterling and I've put less than 1000km on it. I dont have the original packaging but I have my receipt and all the stickers, ear plugs, sealer that came with it. Its the black edition with the carbon sleeve.

What would I be looking at for a full Akrapovic, Yoshi, Arata or Arrow system second hand roughly?

5. vic_ster51

vic_ster51 Active Member

All depends, 250-350 ish for yours maybe more

Full system's range from anything from generally £500 upwards but generally more around £6-700 figure. Is a fair price for stainless system. Some people ask more some ask less.
    I possibly will have another akra system soon, stainless headers, carbon can complete

6. Franbot

Franbot Active Member

Sound man, keep me posted if you come across anything and I'll have a look around my self in the mean time. Thanks.

7. Franbot

Franbot Active Member

I came across this on eBay from the states:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HONDA-CB...357592&hash=item444a9a6c64:g:T70AAOSwPhpazgbh

I reckon I'm going to go ahead and make the purchase next pay cheque in a few days time. Looks like it will cost me 900 pound unless there are any customs charges that I'm not aware of.

You seem pretty knowledgeable on exhausts systems. Is there any differences between US and UK 08 blades in terms of the fitment of this exhaust that you know off?

Also, I guess I can put up my RaceFit black edition for sale providing I can confirm that the exhaust in the link will fit my bike. I'll make a separate thread and throw up a few pictures if that is the case.

8. vic_ster51

vic_ster51 Active Member

I wouldn't buy a new yoshi system at that price, they come up lot cheaper 2nd hand. The arka and leo way better full system too
    It will fit fine yes. No difference in that respect
    £950 its coming up as inc postage plus you will pay vat and customs, min £100, prob nearer 150-200 i reckon
    You can get better deals etc on as new systems for alot less. BUt up to you is nice to have new item etc
    I will be selling my titanium leo system soon i think. Will be nearly half that price. You could get system and nice rear shock for price of that one

9. Franbot

Franbot Active Member

You're right again, sorry man.

I just checked and I would pay roughly 270 pound customs (converted from euro) on that so what looked like an alright purchase initially to me is actually not.

So basically I take all that back :D

Any pics of the leo system. When do you reckon it would be up for sale.

10. vic_ster51

vic_ster51 Active Member

Will be about 2 weeks time mate

11. Franbot

Franbot Active Member

That's perfect timing for me.

Is it possible I could send you a PM to exchange numbers so I could have a quick chat with you some day off line just in relation to what you might have coming up.