Wash Powder

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Jez, Sep 29, 2019.

1. Jez

Jez Senior Member

I know this is nothing to do with bikes but thought someone may be interested, I have skin issues with wash powder. I was looking one day at the Eco egg for going in the washing machine as this has been hyped up as good for the environment and hypoallergenic I then dug a bit deeper and found the main component was sodium bicarbonate, then dug deeper and found many people use it in their washing machines on day to day washes, It is good for the skin good for the environment and best of all a 25kg bag from ebay will give you 2500 washes for £21 delivered all you need is 1 teaspoon per wash. we have been using it and find it great :)

• Like Like x 1
  2. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Bah!

I can't live without my fairy!:)
    Fairy.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

Good tip.

If you want to descale a kettle etc. you can buy descaler fluid/tablets with enough for maybe 3 doses at about a tenner, or buy 5 4l tubs of white vinegar for £13 off Amazon and have it last you 18+ months. Works amazingly well and a couple of flushes through with plain water removes any odour/taste.

• Like Like x 1
  4. BoroRich

BoroRich Elite Member

We bought a new washing machine a couple of years ago and it was starting to put black marks on stuff. After a bit of closer inspection we found that behind the seals there was this disgusting thick, black gunk that was getting dislodged during the wash cycle and smeared all over stuff.

We cleaned it all out (which took ages as it was everywhere) and then did a bit of digging to find out why it might be occuring. Turned out to be the washing liquid we were using. Apparently liquids and liquitabs are crap and don't rinse out properly. We switched back to powder and haven't had a problem since.

We also heard the tip of using white vinegar instead of fabric softener and that works well too.

Sometimes we also run a tub clean cycle with a slosh of white vinegar in too. Seems to keep everything running nicely.

5. Ian63

Ian63 Active Member

I’m still using DAZ and OMO

6. Jez

Jez Senior Member

Obviously I would not skimp on cleaning products for the bike, You have to draw the line somewhere. :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Selmer50mark

Selmer50mark God Like

I don't even know how to use the washing machine o_O I just throw my clothes in the utility room then a day later they turn up folded and in the wardrobe :confused: sorted ;)

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Ah, those were the days:).

Washing done, slippers brought to the front door, meals on the table, pedicure and manicures . . .

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Jez

Jez Senior Member

As the old saying goes, Why do women get married in white ? so they match the kitchen appliances.
    Why do women have small feet ? so they can get closer to the sink.
    That's my none PC bit done :eek::D

• Funny Funny x 5
  10. exuptoy

exuptoy Elite Member

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

Holy shit do I want one of those coffee tables, would even go to Ikea for only the 3rd time in my life if they have them!

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Great thought process, BSS.

I'm thinking two birds and one stone sort of logic:D:D

IKEA.jpg

• Funny Funny x 1