Waterproof covers

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by Jandy, May 17, 2017.

1. Jandy

Jandy Active Member

Hi all looking to get a waterproof motorcycle cover any recommendations for any in a mid price range, tried a budget type one for £10 total crap, any suggestions

2. hitch

hitch Elite Member

Oxford Stormex - not sure on your budget but they are pretty good, not the cheapest mind, but as you have found out, you get what you pay for.
    I used to use one of the older 'models' and couldn't fault it. Nice heavyweight material with holes for chains etc. plus a belly strap to keep it tight.

3. Old_boy65

Old_boy65 Active Member

Mines an Oxford - had it for a couple of years.... :)

4. Rids666

Rids666 Active Member

+1 for the Oxford Stormex. Had one on my previous 600rr which was kept outside whenever I wasn't using it and I found it superb. Pricey but you get what you pay for

5. KPH

KPH Active Member

+2 for the Oxford Stormex - I used it on my Z1000 communter in Thailand - worst of both worlds, Blazing hot sunshine and torrential downpours.
    It performed well, though after 3 years it did had faded quite badly and some of the seams were coming apart. it has a 'fluffy' inside cover that goes some way to protect the plastcs from gettting scratched.

6. LisaRR5

LisaRR5 New Member

+3 for the Oxford Stormex! Well worth the price tag.

7. Lozzy

Lozzy God Like

I've had the Oxford Aquatex for a few years now & it's been spot on & rolls up real small which is what i wanted. But if I replace it I think I'll go for the stormex as the guys above. It's a bit more money but better spec.

8. TheRamJam

TheRamJam Well-Known Member

Cheap covers are hard and will rub paint off, if you use it regular. I know as i bought a cheap £25 motorex cover which was garbage. I have since spent £80 on an Oxford Stormex Stretch cover which is excellant.

9. sp1n99

sp1n99 Active Member

........but a cheap cover is one of the best anti theft devices you can buy ;)