Waterproof oversuit recommendations?

Discussion in 'Touring' started by Kevin1, Apr 29, 2018.

1. Kevin1

Kevin1 Senior Member

I've managed to refrain from purchasing any form of waterproofs since becoming reborn in 2004. However, I have to ride from Lancaster to Portsmouth in May and I don't think my luck is gonna hold out. I am thinking a one piece oversuit, to keep the bulk down.
    What can you guys recommend? Preferably from experience, any links greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

2. Muffking

Muffking Elite Member

If you want to get the bulk down then Aldi have a "mac in a pack" as part of their cycling range in at the moment. Go for a super large jacket & trousers at £10 each and you're sorted.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Alan-lee

Alan-lee Active Member

I purchased an alpine stars wet 2 piece about 3 years ago now for doing the trips abroad and have to say they are a great job! Probably a little bit pricey but they definitely work and because they are designed for motorcyclists they withstand the wind because they are double stitched!

I went through around 6 cheap ‘outdoor’ shop sets and they all just rip apart at speed!

So can definitely recommend the a stars 2 piece

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Nigelg79

Nigelg79 Active Member

Rev’it Acid 2 jacket and trousers for me. Rode through a day of torrential rain in Italy and stayed totally dry. Rolls up quite small in their own little carry bags. Breathable too, not like wearing a cheap mac where you slowly start to boil!