Wedgie Tyke Racing #223 2015

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by Yorkshire Tyke, Nov 20, 2014.

1. Jimbo Vills

Jimbo Vills God Like

Can you feel the bromance in this room :)

Chuffed for ya wedge, glad it felt good, some times a little old man power is needed to show the whipper snapper the way home ;)

2. Gilesy

Gilesy Elite Member

super write up.. love a story on here!

3. IcarusGreen

IcarusGreen Elite Member

It's a little more than bromance - i'm sure their race number should be 69 o_O

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. wedgiewolves#223

wedgiewolves#223 God Like

Oi spazzy shoulder fair do 's it does look fucked ha ha

5. wedgiewolves#223

We do get on well not that well ha ha when you next out #11

6. Jimbo Vills

Jimbo Vills God Like

Donny in May mate.... but no test day so working out what i'm going to do as def need more saddle time! prob is, i'm struggling for time lol

7. SimonT

SimonT New Member

Great write up

8. Yorkshire Tyke

Yorkshire Tyke Elite Member

Race report time!!! So.. Pembey round 3

Friday test day was interesting and took all day to learn the circuit properly. Wedgie was working his way back into it and putting in times only a second off his best and with a broken collar bone. Jonboy had to miss the test day and arrived late friday night.

Saturday morning qualifying was wet and after going for what I thought was only a few laps I came in and out went wedgie. When he came back in for jonboys go there was only 4 laps left! Guess I'd hogged the session more than I thought. Best me and wedge had managed was a 1m08 but the wizard worked his magic and smashed in a 1m04 in the wet. Great time and put us 5th overall on the grid.

Greeat sprint race between all the classic bikes before lunch and well deserved podiums for jonboy and tbl.

Come endurance start and the track was still wet first one for me. Got away OK on the start and lost a few places but kept most bikes behind me. Had a moment which sent me onto the grass on the start of the back straight and went backwards about 5 bikes. The session started to dry and I made the places back with a shredded rear tyre by the time I came in. Out went jonboy to a safety car and some light drizzle, we expected another pit but he cracked on and started putting in some serious laptimes on the old girl. We were hovering around top ten mark. Out goes wedgie in his first endurance race on the blade. Going really well and putting in the same times as the day before. Really strong effort and wasn't sure on tyre choice so went out on wet front dry rear. Wedgie pitted early and sent out jonboy for another short blast. Next was my second stint which by this time was on slicks and really enjoyed it. Managed to steal fastest lap in the C1000s with a 1m01. Came in after having some really good battles with people I thought I couldn't keep up with. Out goes jonboy again to do his second full stint strong times again with 1m02s especially with no test day practice. Wedgie went back out again and was struggling under braking and pulling the clutch. Times started to drop off as he was just using the gears and coming down with no clutch. Such a strong effort to say the bone was nearly coming through his leathers! We went straight to medical and the doctor signed him unfit to race. Not suprised at all but fair fuckin play! Well done buddy. Jonboy went out again and we edged back towards the top ten. I went out for the final stint as we were now a 2 man team. Really wanted to get us a podium and was in reach but 5 laps in the gearbox went on my blade coming out of turn 2 with the dreaded drrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr in the 3rd gear. B@stard!!! Bimbled round in 2nd back to the pits and jumped on wedgies blade which was sitting on wets. Went out and had a couple of big slides as the track was bone dry, awell traction control off and crack on. Few laps and was off pace then out comes mr safety car. Gayyyy. We pootled round behind until the flag and that was it. All in all we ended up with 4th in class and 10th overall not bad considering the mishaps.

Mint riding from wedgie and jonboy really impressed. Fairplay to tbl Bob Barton and Joe Connolly for cracking on after an off from joe and walking around like frankenstein. Top show too from the GRS boys Karl Smith Glen Rixon watching you guys scrap it out with leeky on test day was mint.

Well done to all the other riders all well deserved trophies. Gaz Gemma Evans Rachael Sands Terry Fuller John Kilcar Dawn Louise Pep Brown Loz Williams Jim Parish Chris Parish Owen O Show Richardson Darryl Hodder Andrew Day

Thanks to sponsors hope we can make snetterton for the main round of the season.

FMS
    REEVU
    WATSONS
    AUTORECLAIM
    CHALLENGE PT
    HARRIS PLUMBING AND HEATING
    WOODLANDS PLUMBING

Cheers Brian Leek Rob HerbertAndy Rew Davies and paul for your help guys

I need a gearbox.
    Wedgie needs a collarbone.
    Jonboy needs a zx10.

Wish us luck!!!

Cheers guys

• Like Like x 5
  9. Scott

Scott Active Member

Well done all of u. The funniest thing was jonboy needs a Zx 10 loled that

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. dave d

dave d Elite Member

ON motors tv 447 on sky now

11. IcarusGreen

IcarusGreen Elite Member

Yep, and I'm on it but can't watch it as I'm away from home :mad:

Got it on Sky+ to watch tomorrow (Team Army 4 (No 44), won the rookie endurance 600 class)

• Like Like x 1
  12. dave d

dave d Elite Member

Interviewd 1 of your guys!

13. Jimbo Vills

Jimbo Vills God Like

How many were you up against?? ;)

Well done lads... Wedge the man crush continues... Think I'm in love... Super human effort dude.

Tyke- you annoy me with ya times ya little shit. :) I'll just fight you in the car park please... I've had enough of these competitive times.... Bout time you got drunk and stopped taking it serious!!

Hat tipped to all ;)

• Like Like x 2
  14. Scott

Scott Active Member

Lets get mashed at donny and get shit times

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Yorkshire Tyke

Yorkshire Tyke Elite Member

Cheers all was mega and snet will be even more so!!!

16. wedgiewolves#223

Well i had a appointment at the Hospital to see how my collar bone is getting on and the surgeon looked felt and X Rayed and I'm booked in for a op ;( gutted ....... I have rebroke the collar bone in the original place and also 5 mm from the old break . They can't plate it as the break is at the end so his words we will hacksaw it off and also join the broken tendons on shoulder ... Not the news i wanted but i knew it was hurting a tad on braking . I have Snett in 2 weeks so have asked for the op after this then i go on holiday for 2 weeks rest it there and hopefully be ready for Knockhill 2 weeks after that not the start i wanted for 2015 but hey ho really good of Tyke and Jonboy to say fuck it come and do Snett regardless of times we will just go and have fun . Im hoping to still be competitive but my test day times at pembrey were 3 seconds faster than endurance just as i was hurting so much so I'm going to do half a test day so i have a bit of steam left for Endurance 6 hours of it on the Saturday ;)

Attached Files:

17. wedgiewolves#223

Cheers buddy xx

18. Gilesy

Gilesy Elite Member

Hardcore man!..

19. wedgiewolves#223

Ha ha i wish id hacksaw it out myself if i was ha ha ha

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. Scott

Scott Active Member

That is proper hardcore . That looks terrible too. If u need a standby rider I could jump ok maybe

• Like Like x 1