What cager do you have?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by thewiz, Feb 8, 2018.

1. thewiz

thewiz Active Member

Lets start finding out what forum members drive on a 4-wheel basis. Or maybe you ride all year long and can't stand the thought of a car. Up here in Norway, I am forced to have transport during the winter.

As i work in the car industry I don't own a car, but i drive quite a bit. My last "car" was a VW Transporter T5, sold it because wanting to upgrade. Not sure what to get now though. The need for a van is not that great, and wondering if i should get a 2-3 year old car to use daily in winter time etc.

Similar to my now sold T5

[​IMG]

What do you have? Pictures would spice up the thread ;)

• Like Like x 2
  2. DazK

DazK Active Member

6F80609B-9F25-4C1F-BB3C-BE1F1B20C239.jpeg
    Used to ride in all weathers all year round, trashed a TZR and a CG due to salt corrosion Strictly a summer (ish) biker now Here’s my daily baby, Insignia SRi with the VX Line pack, 20” alloys and chipped

• Like Like x 2
  3. T.C

T.C Elite Member

This is my drive.

I have owned it from new still love it

I was looking at replacing it with the newer XE, but I can't justify it when there is nothing wrong with this one and I still enjoy driving it.

Just over 100,000 miles completed

My Car.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  4. dainesefreak

dainesefreak Senior Member

I used to ride all year round and finally as I got older decided it was too cold.

[​IMG]

Moody shot of my M135 in the basement at work.

• Like Like x 1
  5. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Holy crap! I sure don't make the grade on this thread.

As if I'd post a pic of a 2007 Chev Lacetti. Had I have known there'd be a 'car challenge', I wouldn't have bought the MV.

Ermm, yes I would!!:D:D

• Like Like x 2
  6. T.C

T.C Elite Member

I only brought the Jag because it was £5K cheaper than an equally specced Mondeo (I had an 08 current shape Mondeo before which I hated and was terrible build quality)

I looked at the Insignia as it was at that time a new model and I got sneered at because I was in jeans and Polo shirt (his loss as I went back a while later and took the p1ss out of him about losing sales because he was judging people on what they wore)

I looked at all the German cars, but had no real desire to become a chav and new they were affordable it then cost a fortune to get a decent spec.

Jaguar have been brilliant and to cap it all, I got an additional discount because I took it on an 09 plate rather than wait a few weeks to put it on a 59 plate.

7. DazK

DazK Active Member

can’t grumble at a jag I wanted an XKR but the other half wouldn’t wear it with sept/octogenarian parents I wouldn’t trust her with a bmw I like to play in the DS3 as it’s petrol turbo Here’s a point, anyone got a 208 gti? thinking about a new one this year for the DS and wondered if there’s any horror stories or glad tidings about them?

8. DazK

DazK Active Member

I hate obnoxious salespeople! My money is as good as the next persons. It’s like on the hill (Westsge Rd) google it :) please don’t sit on the bikes....f@@k you fella it’s like going to a car dealers n not being able to sit in it! Worse when you go to the new showroom n they follow you listening in to conversations *grrr* Then you spend thousands and they have the cheek to try and charge £250 for built in bluetooth handsfree....I think not! Next car is coming with a free DAB stereo ;)

9. raphael

raphael Elite Member

My old 330 coupe individual

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  10. DazK

DazK Active Member

you can’t beat old skool :) love the old 325i

• Like Like x 1
  11. Lozzy

Lozzy God Like

So you managed to get the panels repaired from the last little incident?

Screenshot_2018-02-09-10-58-45-1.png

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Ah, Harry High Pants and his Honda.

It's interesting how I did that. I was thumping the steering wheel to the melodic rap of 'Honey G', and clipped a roundabout.

Dear Ethel (in the reflection) was quite okay.

• Funny Funny x 2
  13. dansp1

dansp1 Active Member

Does anyone really call them cages?

Born to be mild

14. PauloHRC

PauloHRC God Like

My second love after my bike......ahem I mean the Mrs. Landrover Discovery TDV6 HSE, absolutely love this car and has been trouble free motoring since I owned it.

This is shot at Tatton park Knutsford, park ranger told me to shift it not long after!!!!

Attached Files:

15. thewiz

thewiz Active Member

Great with so many responses. I think its interesting to get to know what bikers have besides their bikes, as a cars / vans are much used aswell on a day to day basis.

Funny you should mention that Discovery PauloHRC, i have been wanting a Discovery or a Range Rover for quite a while. But they are top dollar here in Norway.
    What year is your Discovery mate? Miles etc?

Here in Norway all new sold cars have 5 year warrenty (by law), so i have been thinking about getting one that is 2-4 years old, so i have some warrenty if their should be any problems.
    Is it the 3 liter you have?

• Like Like x 1
  16. PauloHRC

PauloHRC God Like

It's a 2008 2.7 litre Turbo diesel V6 HSE so has all the bits on it. I got really lucky with this car and took me a while to find this one. It was a one owner from new with full main dealer service History and had 100k miles and I paid £8500 2 years ago, at that price it was a bargain believe me! By far the best car I've owned.

My plan was to keep it two years and then get a newer one, but it's been trouble free motoring so far with no problems to speak of so I may keep it a bit longer yet!

17. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Very nice. Well, except for a decent picnic blanket. You should be ashamed of yourself!!:rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. PauloHRC

PauloHRC God Like

Haha I must admit red with polka dots is simply unacceptable.......I've got my eye on a nice tartan number! :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Lozzy

Lozzy God Like

• Like Like x 1
  20. thewiz

thewiz Active Member

Prices in the UK stagger me. I am looking at one here in Norway now for the neat price of 43400 gbp. It is a 2015 model, with 36000 miles on the clock. Top model with the 3l engine.

Your car Paulo is priced at around 19800 gbp here in Norway mate. Bargain. :eek:

• Like Like x 1