What did you do to your bike today???

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by Benn The Pig, Dec 8, 2011.

1. Pete H

Pete H Active Member

Been away all week on a course so today I popped into the office and checked the optimate lead hadn't fallen off, before setting off for another week away from her. :( :(

2. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

Dunlop wets arrived today for the blade

[​IMG]

3. wedgiewolves#223

wedgiewolves#223 God Like

Nice ! But waste of cash bud no more rain this year uk !!!! Lol you have spare wheels ?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Jase

Jase Elite Member

Got my bike back had a pc5 ,k+n filter,custom map ,dyno run ,H+m quickshifter set up (hopefully no more false neutrals) not rode it yet but doing a track day Friday so be putting it to the test see if it really does make a big difference .

• Like Like x 1
  5. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

no spare wheel's bud would change them when I need them. After taking to the Dunlop guys at thruxton I will be getting doing my own tyres in the future. they are only using the old fashioned wheel balander. that and tyre bead bracker etc...

6. arthurbikemad

arthurbikemad A very helpful Gent

Remal no one in racing uses a electronic dynamic balance, not even in MGP! Its only as good as the last time it was calibrated and gravity never lies..

Static wheel balance is good down to a gram or so if you take the time..

• Like Like x 4
  7. wedgiewolves#223

Yeah as Arthur said simples I have wheel remover and balancer both cheap both work sound

8. sinewave

sinewave God Like

The guy who fitted my PR3's today used a Static Balancer, quite interesting being as I've only ever seen lectrickery one's on car wheels.

Michelin PR3.jpg

9. martinowen

martinowen Moderator
    Staff Member

Not a bad afternoon
    Rode to Alton, where I met Arthur at Ducati, dribbled over a Desmo, rode to loomies with Arthur had a drink and he took a test ride on my blade to work out why it's decided it wants to play buckaroo!
    Poss pc3 related
    To be continued.........

10. lee1krr

lee1krr Active Member

Refreshed the brake and clutch fluid. Next job oil change and new tyres then I'll be ready for the Scotland thrash...

11. Phil.O

Phil.O Member

You're really not destined to ride your blade are you mate.....

12. martinowen

martinowen Moderator
    Staff Member

It appears not at the moment lol

13. Dave V

Dave V Elite Member

After dicking around this morning waiting for the rain to stop came to the conclusion is wasn't going to in the immediate future so manned up, put the waterproof over suit on and made my way to Arthur's. Arrived incredibly late due to the crappy M25 and shit loads of lorries that think cause there sitting in it they'll block the gaps and make every one do the same.

Arthur was kind enough to work his magic with a 12k service, all fluids changed, air filter and why he was at it fitted the Evotech rad gaurd I'd bought to replace my home made jobbie. Arthur also fitted some Hel brake lines that he souced for me.

Also had a touch as another customer dropped his blade off for a service. He'd bought a John Mcguinness high screen for Arthur to fit, so I took the opportunity to make an offer for the Honda double bubble that was on the bike (thanks Roger, well please) and Arthur fitted that too.

Thanks Arthur, top man and sorry again for arriving late.

#2033 Dave V, Apr 17, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2013
  14. arthurbikemad

arthurbikemad A very helpful Gent

No problem mate, shame you had problems with your HID light.. Still you sorted it on your own and finally made it off even if an hour late (sorry was not there to help)... Was good to see you and thanks for coming all the way down to me. If you need anything just shout and I will sort it for you..

(oh and lost delivery drivers a pain in the a$$ ;) )

#2034 arthurbikemad, Apr 18, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2013
  15. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

I did it a huge favour yesterday and left it in the garage. I'd had a foul day and I was in an evil mood with the red mist gathering in my peripheral vision (although that might just have been hypertension). When I got home, I started to eye up the prospect of taking my humour out on the road, but it started to piss down the second I opened the garage door.

Divine intervention?

• Like Like x 1
  16. travellingkiwi

travellingkiwi Active Member

Had my first service... £141. R&G's now fitted, and swingarm bobbins. Now to buy a paddock stand :)

H

17. wedgiewolves#223

Got my foc replacement screen from skidmarx top guys also new Harris front stand

Attached Files:

#2037 wedgiewolves#223, Apr 18, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2013
  18. Gblade

Gblade Active Member

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366317110.998100.jpg
    Akrapovic de cat link pipe fitted. Sounds mint!

• Like Like x 1
  19. Jimbo Vills

Jimbo Vills God Like

Just stripped all the track fairings off.... Just loaded the four wheel cage, off for a cuppa at my dads workshop and then going to his pals...

FOR SPRAYING!!

Can't wait....

20. Pete H

Pete H Active Member

Picked blade up from the office where she's been plugged into an optimate all week whilst I was on a course learning to be pink and fluffy to colleagues, went to Jordan's, got MOT,now off to Squires possibly or maybe Hawes, just can't make my mind up so I'll end up where I end up, just happy to see the sun!