What did you do to your bike today???

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by Benn The Pig, Dec 8, 2011.

1. paulwoody

paulwoody Active Member

Cheers, no probs! It would of been easier if the Honda R&D would of put something decent on instead of the POS thats on as standard.

2. paulwoody

paulwoody Active Member

Now for a rear hugger!

3. exuptoy

exuptoy Elite Member

That piece of shit is very well designed and nothing beats it in standard form without a remap. Even that can be improved with the carbon sleeve.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  4. Simon_HRC

Simon_HRC Active Member

I can second this, I had a racefit for around 8 months. Put the standard back on for a track day and it was so much better! More power and much smoother! You will lose around 5bhp with a slip on (not my words, this is from a Honda mechanic that is licensed to use the dyno)

• Like Like x 1
  5. paulwoody

paulwoody Active Member

C'mon, it looks crap and sounds... well does it sound? Performance wise I don't have any say as i don't have any data to back me up but truth be told it's not the dogs looks or sound wise, so to speak. If it is so good why do so many people change as soon as they can? And why such a vast market for after market exhausts? When people have 3 different exhausts to choose from they are either wealthy or not satisfied with the original.

6. exuptoy

exuptoy Elite Member

I do like the look of the standard one with the carbon cap, and with the flapper mod done, it does have a nicer sound to it at no cost other than a little time although the Yoshi does sound amazing, well, minus the baffle at least. Looks are however subjective.
    On the subject of owning 3 different exhausts, I actually sold the Arrow before getting the Yoshi. :D
    ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. red5

red5 Well-Known Member

The standard exhaust is the most asthetically pleasing imo.

• Like Like x 1
  8. exuptoy

exuptoy Elite Member

I agree but the bark of the Yoshi is something else. The standard exhaust is being kept as I have history of putting bikes back pretty much to standard spec with a few choice extras before they are sold, and a very clean standard RR9 with a carbon exhaust cap and braided lines should fetch reasonable money and I still have the extras to trade on. This may be a while off just yet as I love the blade.:)

• Like Like x 1
  9. paulwoody

paulwoody Active Member

Don't blame you for selling the Arrow. Looks as bland as a 3 egg omelette with 2.5 eggs removed. The standard can though?

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  10. paulwoody

paulwoody Active Member

What can are you running at the mo Red5? Oh and I've got a tank pad you might find interesting. Arrived today on Force Friday!

11. paulwoody

paulwoody Active Member

Attached Files:

12. kirkwall32

kirkwall32 Active Member

Agree on that to Simon HRC, I had my bike on the dyno at a official power commander supplier and installer/ tester, and it showed 5 bhp less than standard with my yoshi r77 slip on installed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Simon_HRC

Simon_HRC Active Member

Thanks for the back up proof. this exhaust system from 2012 onwards has been engineered almost to perfection. The only better option is to get a full titanium system coupled with a power commander. As for the noise yeah it's not that great but noise is only artificial. I used to care so much about how the bike sounds until I did a track day at Silverstone and put the original back on. You'll find you ride faster with a quiet exhaust as you don't hear it screaming it's tits off all the time.

14. Brett538

Brett538 New Member

I was told a similar thing by the mechanic at my dealer also a guy who is sponsored by them apparently only pipe to bolt on and ride away with benefits without tuning is akrapovic ... I just find mine as standard too quiet a friend has a Ducati and I can't even hear my bike when ride out with him

15. Cbrjay

Cbrjay Well-Known Member

Weight saving over standard.

What bhp is standard can?

Mines 172bhp with k&n, pc5 and acky can

16. Simon_HRC

Simon_HRC Active Member

Yeah I get what you mean, all depends if you will do track days etc. for noise get a Racefit but get a power commander and get it tuned on the dyno or it gets lumpy in low revs

17. kev.b

kev.b Well-Known Member

Had my Ohlins forks rebuilt to my weight an riding style by PDQ. Also had the fork bush's checked an mesured.
    All good now but not Bloody cheap ! :( :) PDQ fork rebuild 2.png PDQ fork rebuild.png

• Like Like x 5
  18. raphael

raphael Elite Member

think i'd hang them on my wall as art!

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. paulwoody

paulwoody Active Member

Fitted my tail tidy and tank pad this afternoon, the tidy was a bit fiddly but got there in the end. Put some fancy dust caps on my wheels so the local scally kids can nick them! 20150905_150340.jpg 20150905_150352.jpg 20150905_150404.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  20. blakely.wells

blakely.wells Member

Can't get one for the 14 on model years. I was gutted as really wanted that sleave.