What did you do to your bike today???

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by Benn The Pig, Dec 8, 2011.

1. Nigelg79

Nigelg79 Active Member

1984F3B7-E2BC-4214-9811-712C2FEE4E81.jpeg Quickshifter, levers and new air filter going on today

• Like Like x 2
  2. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Great way to utilise an otherwise crap day!! :)

3. PauloHRC

PauloHRC God Like

Dropped the bike off at Hunts today for annual service, fresh brake fluid going in as well today!

Bit sketchy on the way there with it being a tad icy but had some fun on the way home on the bike they gave me to go back on.....NC750s AUTOMATIC!! o_O

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Lozzy

Lozzy God Like

Last time my bike was at Honda, they offered me an Africa Twin :)

They obviously assess the riders capabilities in relation to the loan bike as they come in :p :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. PauloHRC

PauloHRC God Like

Funny you should say that as last time i was in at Honda (15 years ago) they offered me the same bike.......the guys apologized and said due to a lack of courtesy bikes the NC was all they could offer me.o_O

They were gonna stick some trade plates on the RC213V but I politely declined ;)

Attached Files:

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

My dealer has just commissioned a CBF500 in Pearl White as a courtesy bike. I feel like booking in for an oil change just for a ride!!

• Like Like x 1
  7. PauloHRC

PauloHRC God Like

GB racing covers finally fitted......I can't take the credit for that though, Andy at Hunts did me proud, hats off to them today, did a great job with no problems.

Although my tyres are goosed, front worn and gone hard, rear on the way out. Looks like I'll be getting fresh rubber for the track day! !! :)

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  8. thewiz

thewiz Active Member

Very nice mate ;)

• Like Like x 1
  9. CharlieR85

CharlieR85 Elite Member

Did an oil and filter change.....at the same time I noticed the decals on the bottom of belly pan were all dog eared and peeling off. Got the faux carbon vinyl out and a scalpel, pretty pleased with the outcome! (yes I know you can't see it down there, but I'm OCD) :)

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  10. thewiz

thewiz Active Member

Alot of stuff

30.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  11. okeloon

okeloon Active Member

Where do you get the faux carbon fibre sheet? Looks trick and my belly pans jealous

12. CharlieR85

CharlieR85 Elite Member

On ebay mate, its cheap as chips. The belly pan on the repsol has quite a small weave pattern, you can probably find some that's a better match. I used just what I had in the cupboard.

13. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Got my MOT for the MV today. Was initially failed because of no high beam and no pillion pegs. High beam was a relay fault - now replaced; pillion pegs put on (fortunately given to me by previous owner) but taken off as soon as I got home.;)

Got the tools out and set up the footpegs and gear and brake lever positions. MV has a 'cam adjustment' on its footpegs (similar to some rearsets) so I dropped them quite a bit because previous owner was vertically challenged. Allen screw loosens a bevel on the levers and job's done. Much more comfortable now, and after a bit of a ride today feeling more comfortable, but still learning. Doesn't have the brute low down Honda power, but this thing comes in at much higher revs.

Saturday will be Blade day. Some serious white wheel cleaning and then to Worcester for coffee.

Found a brilliant workshop in Worcester called Strefford's: http://www.streffords.net/home.html
    Been around for years, good reputation and excellent workmanship - for the few members in the area.

• Like Like x 3
  14. PauloHRC

PauloHRC God Like

Well I never knew your bike could fail on no pillion foot pegs??!!! o_O

15. Lozzy

Lozzy God Like

Me too! But looked it up & .....

Pillion foot rests are not required on motor bicycles that only have a single seat. In addition some motor bicycles used on or after 14 June 1993, which are intended to carry a passenger may not be fitted with footrests but with hand holds attached to the motor bicycles frame adjacent to, or part of the seat. Refer to manufacturers information eg owners handbook

Presumably the seat cowl on the blade makes it single seater therefore OK for no pegs?!?

16. dainesefreak

dainesefreak Senior Member

Glad you're sorted at last.

Bikewise today I went into the garage to put some washing in the tumble dryer (her orders), patted the bike gently on the tank, checked the trickle charger, shivered slightly, went back into the warm house.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. PauloHRC

PauloHRC God Like

Do other people really pat there bikes??

Thought it was just me.....I'm clearly not alone!!:D

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. dainesefreak

dainesefreak Senior Member

Sometimes I give the handlebar grip a little squeeze on the way past. :oops:

• Like Like x 1
  19. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Yes, Lozzy, that's the distinction. If the bike has provision for a passenger, it must have the footpegs - irrespective of whether you carry passengers or not.

The MV has a padded hump on the rear cowl, which is why they call the model a '1 plus 1' because the seat would be less comfortable than an old bicycle saddle. Worse still, the rear cowl is like the early Blades with a VERY wide cowl, so much so that one's legs are spread wider than a patient undergoing a gynaecological examination. Sorry for the comparison - I'm really no good with words.:(

20. PauloHRC

PauloHRC God Like

Did you get a cowl with the MV Nige? ?